• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Waiting time between SBI Add-on card request

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is there a waiting time time before we can request for another add-on card ? I applied for one add-on card through DigiLocker verification and received the card (although the contact no and email hasn’t been updated yet, still uses mine).
But when I am trying to apply for another addon card it’s throwing me an error “could not be process due to a technical glitch”.
Anyone else faced this issue ?

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can the add-on card member have a completely different address than the primary? Will the card be still delivered to the primary address?

And I asked this to someone else here but still confirming just to be sure — Does the add-on card have a different card number? Will the OTP be received on the primary or the add-on card? I'd apply for an add-on in a heartbeat if the answer to both is yes.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Can the add-on card member have a completely different address than the primary? Will the card be still delivered to the primary address?

And I asked this to someone else here but still confirming just to be sure — Does the add-on card have a different card number? Will the OTP be received on the primary or the add-on card? I'd apply for an add-on in a heartbeat if the answer to both is yes.
Once add on card details are available in sbi card app then you can assign the different numbers each add on card you have.By doing so every add on card holder will get seperate OTP on their number for doing transactions through add on card and transaction alert will be sent on both primary and add on card moble numbers.

Add on card numbers are different than primary card number.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Is there a waiting time time before we can request for another add-on card ? I applied for one add-on card through DigiLocker verification and received the card (although the contact no and email hasn’t been updated yet, still uses mine).
But when I am trying to apply for another addon card it’s throwing me an error “could not be process due to a technical glitch”.
Anyone else faced this issue ?
Try after a day or 2 ..It might be a glitch.
In between assign different mobile number to your first add on card.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Rkr Thanks for the info. Can you please also answer my question on the address part? I want to get add-on for my father who is in a different city, will the card get delivered to his address or mine?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
As per me it will be delivered to Primary card holder address only.
Same is also mentioned on the SBI Card web under Add on card FAQ.Here is the link and screenshot as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629_072416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230629_072416_Chrome.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 9

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your inputs @Rkr! I applied for the add-on and received it within 3 days. It is a different card number. @PSY I was somehow also able to update the phone number quite easily from the mobile app itself.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Once add on card details are available in sbi card app then you can assign the different numbers each add on card you have.By doing so every add on card holder will get seperate OTP on their number for doing transactions through add on card and transaction alert will be sent on both primary and add on card moble numbers.

Add on card numbers are different than primary card number.
If I don't assign any number to the add on cards ,will I receive the OTP on the number registered to primary card ?

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Yes card varient is same but they have issued new primary card
Few guys on Technofino telegram channel told that they aren't considering the spends on previous card
Nothing like that.It will be counted.Now a days they are doing the same like if you apply for Add on then they are changing the primary card also that doesnot mean your earlier spend will not be counted.It will be.

Just card is changed . Card account and limit and statment date reamains as it is.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nothing like that.It will be counted.Now a days they are doing the same like if you apply for Add on then they are changing the primary card also that doesnot mean your earlier spend will not be counted.It will be.

Just card is changed . Card account and limit and statment date reamains as it is.
Received a call from them (since I raised this on Twitter) they told me that spends will not be counted then I requested them for a callback from senior executive

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr