• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wait time for 2nd SBI Card?

frezcoop

TF Select
So I have SBI BPCL card, issued on 5 Feb 2024. I thought there is 90 days cooldown/wait period before going for another SBI card. So I applied for SBI Cashback yesterday. I had tried this few weeks back just to see how the system behaves. So few weeks back it would keep redirecting me to my BPCL application. Now yesterday I was able to complete whole application and today I got call for verification. In that call, the lady is saying that the cooldown is of 120 days. So she will call me next month for reinitiating the application. Is this legit? I am unable to view my application status. What should I do?

My main concern is that how did their online portal allow me to go through the application if I still can't apply? Is the verification person miss informed or did system work incorrectly? Is it ok to let the application just be there or should I chase SBI to close it in their system?

Last edited:

CardTox

TF Premier
I also applied for SBI IRCTC Rupay cc on 2nd Feb 2024, which was rejected. Still it shows the same application and doesn't allow me to apply for another card. When i asked the customer care, they informed me that cooldown period is 6 month since the previous application!

I also applied for SBI IRCTC Rupay cc on 2nd Feb 2024, which was rejected. Still it shows the same application and doesn't allow me to apply for another card. When i asked the customer care, they informed me that cooldown period is 6 month since the previous application!
It is three months if you apply via sprint and 6 months if you apply via other/offline means.