• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding the right time for making SBI card LTF.

iM23

TF Select
On 26 December 2023, almost after 1.5 years of issuance, my SimplyCLICK card was converted to LTF. I also have the Cashback SBI card which was activated on 18 March 2023. In this 1 year, on the Cashback card, I have spent more than 2.5 lacs. So, surely I'll get annual fee waiver. But I want to make it LTF. So, should I create the card closure request a few days after 18 March, or wait till June i.e. 6 months from the SimplyCLICK card getting converted to LTF? Please suggest me the best time to do this. Thank you.

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Cashback is one card that's a bit finnicky to convert to LTF in my opinion.

It's a relatively new card and we are not sure what further devaluations might we see. If those decisions completely make the card garbage then it might not make sense to keep it because if we need to apply for a 3rd card which might be new and rewarding, getting it might be an issue in the future.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
On 26 December 2023, almost after 1.5 years of issuance, my SimplyCLICK card was converted to LTF. I also have the Cashback SBI card which was activated on 18 March 2023. In this 1 year, on the Cashback card, I have spent more than 2.5 lacs. So, surely I'll get annual fee waiver. But I want to make it LTF. So, should I create the card closure request a few days after 18 March, or wait till June i.e. 6 months from the SimplyCLICK card getting converted to LTF? Please suggest me the best time to do this. Thank you.
Still you can ask anytime.Dont put the request via app.
Call Customer care and ask them to transfer the call to retention team and ask them for LTF.Do some home work regarding how to convince and approach for LTF on call.

iM23

TF Select
Still you can ask anytime.Dont put the request via app.
Call Customer care and ask them to transfer the call to retention team and ask them for LTF.Do some home work regarding how to convince and approach for LTF on call.
Yeah, for the SimplyCLICK card I did the same, didn't take risk of placing the closure request via app. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Rkr

anonymuos

TF Ace
Spent doesnt matter.
Little old card and your skill of negotiation helps you in making it LTF.

Go via Customer care route
Spends matter. It's just that SBI cards never reveals the criteria for when they make it LTF but in all cases I've seen of people's cards made LTF, they've spent a few lakhs in previous years before it was made LTF. I've 2+ years old SimplyCLICK and spends must cross at least 1 lakh in a year then their customer care said the LTF offer shows on their end. They did reverse my fees every year though. Mine were less than 50K in 1st year and just a little below 1L in 2nd year so only fees reversed.

djrocky

TF Buzz
Oh really, I have spends so that I haven't been charged fees. Since Sep 2022 close to 3 lakhs spend.
Any suggestions how to go about for converting to LTF and what should be the script ?