• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Views on kotak pvr platinum credit card

srpraneeth

TF Buzz
Anyone who hold kotak pvr platinum credit card can give me suggestions whether i should go for it or not as i have received upgrade offer today

pxg

TF Premier
This is an old thread but I find the PVR credit cards very stupid given you can get PVR gift cards ever year for 25% off and sometimes they've even had 50% off (right after COVID I think?).

The debit card has much, much better benefits. It is effectively only 90 rupees since you get 5x 100rs off F&B vouchers which are coupons, and so they can be used with the gift cards simultaneously as they are payment modes. Ordering the PVR debit card upgrades you to PVR Privilege Plus which is similar to the old PVR Privilege program with 10% points on PVR spends. The trick is that it gives 10% on all PVR spends from any payment mode not just the Kotak card.

So, real example, I bought 4x 2000 rupee PVR gift cards from magicpin for 1540 each with my AmEx MRCC for 6160 total. I got 1120 MR points for that.

Now on every gift card spend I get 10% as PVR privilege points (100 points gets converted into 100rs off on tickets, even if you book through BookMyShow).

So, in total, for GVs worth 8000, I paid 6160 and got 1120MR for it and I will also get 800 back from PVR Privilege Plus. That is a 40% discount in total (@1MR = 0.5 rupees).

I can easily spend the GVs and coupons as I am a huge movie buff. The best theater in my city is a PVR IMAX. And in a few specific theaters the food is actually quite good. Only thing is I have always, always, avoided the popcorn and soda. Those have ridiculously high prices. But the other stuff (in the big restaurant like menus) are not bad at all. My go to F&B spend is red bull as after the GV discount it is the same price as outside.

For INOX, I have acquired a few BMS vouchers at 10% off and have 200+200+250 worth of discounts/free tickets every month via IndusInd EazyDiner and Axis Delight plus Paytm BOGO up to 250 from IDFC Select. So I exhaust the 3 free tickets BMS tickets first through INOX, then use the PVR gift cards for IMAX tickets and F&B mostly. The IDFC BOGO is used when I go with a friend or parents so not able to use it every month.

Last edited:

0xfallup

TF Ace
This is an old thread but I find the PVR credit cards very stupid given you can get PVR gift cards ever year for 25% off and sometimes they've even had 50% off (right after COVID I think?).

The debit card has much, much better benefits. It is effectively only 90 rupees since you get 5x 100rs off F&B vouchers which are coupons, and so they can be used with the gift cards simultaneously as they are payment modes. Ordering the PVR debit card upgrades you to PVR Privilege Plus which is similar to the old PVR Privilege program with 10% points on PVR spends. The trick is that it gives 10% on all PVR spends from any payment mode not just the Kotak card.

So, real example, I bought 4x 2000 rupee PVR gift cards from magicpin for 1540 each with my AmEx MRCC for 6160 total. I got 1120 MR points for that.

Now on every gift card spend I get 10% as PVR privilege points (100 points gets converted into 100rs off on tickets, even if you book through BookMyShow).

So, in total, for GVs worth 8000, I paid 6160 and got 1120MR for it and I will also get 800 back from PVR Privilege Plus. That is a 40% discount in total (@1MR = 0.5 rupees).

I can easily spend the GVs and coupons as I am a huge movie buff. The best theater in my city is a PVR IMAX. And in a few specific theaters the food is actually quite good. Only thing is I have always, always, avoided the popcorn and soda. Those have ridiculously high prices. But the other stuff (in the big restaurant like menus) are not bad at all. My go to F&B spend is red bull as after the GV discount it is the same price as outside.

For INOX, I have acquired a few BMS vouchers at 10% off and have 200+200+250 worth of discounts/free tickets every month via IndusInd EazyDiner and Axis Delight plus Paytm BOGO up to 250 from IDFC Select. So I exhaust the 3 free tickets BMS tickets first through INOX, then use the PVR gift cards for IMAX tickets and F&B mostly. The IDFC BOGO is used when I go with a friend or parents so not able to use it every month.
Easy tiger … generally people like me take it to get ZEN Ltf via retention …. Kahe itna energy barbad karat ba

pxg

TF Premier
Easy tiger … generally people like me take it to get ZEN Ltf via retention …. Kahe itna energy barbad karat ba
No, generally people are applying for this via the Kotak agents at cinema halls. This info is for moviegoers who think this card is good.

Anyway I would say you are also spending too much energy to get a card for 3x international lounge access/yr. All Kotak cards are useless otherwise. The moment they add spend condition to lounge access it will be fully useless.

Last edited:

0xfallup

TF Ace
No,, generally people are applying for this via the Kotak agents at cinema halls. This info is for moviegoers who think this card is good.

Anyway I would say you are also spending too much energy to get a card for 3x international lounge access/yr. All Kotak cards are useless otherwise. The moment they add spend condition to lounge access it will be fully useless.
ha bhai card to useless hai ... but sabse accha LE yahi deta bus uske liye lete hai :(