• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 635

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hi today i again recived upgrade offer from plat travel to plat chg extended from 1st march to 31st march with 135k bonus points. Last time inapplied it got rejected because of income 25lkhs issue . But now i got plat travel mrcc and gold chg. I know if upgrade offer sent through gold chg do not require income to be updated straight upgrade but agin they sent on plat chg wondering tontake it or pass it. As am closento hitting 4lk in plat travel and inalready cleared forb3lk and care said 12k taj voucher is set for july this was spend based offer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_232901_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_232901_Gmail.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 24

ALOAK

TF Ace
what kind of spending pattern did you folks had on gold/plat. travel for the upgrade offer ?
I normally use for hotel like Taj Oberoi marriot holiday inn radisson blu and sometimes palace hotels of Taj and their subsidarys. and flights amex uses only for Air india or other airline except vistara. Sometimes i load wallets pay insurance and utility bills for bsnl and electricity. Insurance mr points not given on plat travel but counted for milestone. Gold chg allows for uility abd fuel. But getting HP to accept is a enormus task mostly they avoid stating only on company operated pumps.

shubhank008

TF Buzz
I normally use for hotel like Taj Oberoi marriot holiday inn radisson blu and sometimes palace hotels of Taj and their subsidarys. and flights amex uses only for Air india or other airline except vistara. Sometimes i load wallets pay insurance and utility bills for bsnl and electricity. Insurance mr points not given on plat travel but counted for milestone. Gold chg allows for uility abd fuel. But getting HP to accept is a enormus task mostly they avoid stating only on company operated pumps.

I meant as a broad monetary figure :censored: Trying to gauge what kind of spends I should look at for the upgrade offer

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
I meant as a broad monetary figure :censored: Trying to gauge what kind of spends I should look at for the upgrade offer
Nothing specific I think. Most of my spends were in gyftr vouchers and sometimes in jewels & education fees (~6L in 1year). I also got the invite to upgrade.
Based on posts in the forum, everyone who is having some decent spends & credit profile is receiving the upgrade.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Yesterday midnight i was checking what would happen if i click upgrade button at forst it asked for card no and dob and random character then submitted . I was taken aback it did not ask anything or kyc it just said as below.
Dear Cardmember,

Thank you for opting in for Platinum Card Upgrade Offer.
Your request for Card ending xxxxx has been received on Mar 12 2024 at 12:57 AM.

Please save these details for future reference. You may be contacted by
American Express® in case further details are required. Please note that enrollments in offers/programs that require a spend threshold to be attained on the Card account are considered successful subject to receipt of offer/program communication directly from American Express through any of its channels, meeting the eligibility criteria set for the offer/program and enrollment of the eligible Card account into the offer/program.​
American Express Banking Corp.​

nimod

TF Buzz
Yesterday midnight i was checking what would happen if i click upgrade button at forst it asked for card no and dob and random character then submitted . I was taken aback it did not ask anything or kyc it just said as below.
Dear Cardmember,

Thank you for opting in for Platinum Card Upgrade Offer.
Your request for Card ending xxxxx has been received on Mar 12 2024 at 12:57 AM.

Please save these details for future reference. You may be contacted by
American Express® in case further details are required. Please note that enrollments in offers/programs that require a spend threshold to be attained on the Card account are considered successful subject to receipt of offer/program communication directly from American Express through any of its channels, meeting the eligibility criteria set for the offer/program and enrollment of the eligible Card account into the offer/program.​
American Express Banking Corp.​

🌟 Congratulations 🌟

ALOAK

TF Ace
🌟 Congratulations 🌟
That is just a receipt still not sure it will be approved or not. As i have not received any other xonfirmation it is approved or rejected. Wait and see. Anyone in this forum how long did it take to get approved confirmation once you received the receipt i have stated. And how long it took to arrive as i stay in mysore

ksantu37

TF Buzz
That is just a receipt still not sure it will be approved or not. As i have not received any other xonfirmation it is approved or rejected. Wait and see. Anyone in this forum how long did it take to get approved confirmation once you received the receipt i have stated. And how long it took to arrive as i stay in mysore
Above is only your interest for the card.

After this, you will get a call from Amex CC Rep explaining the fees and other details and share the platinum charge application link. You will be have to submit that first.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Above is only your interest for the card.

After this, you will get a call from Amex CC Rep explaining the fees and other details and share the platinum charge application link. You will be have to submit that first.
Ok that is why i was wondering if they ask income doc inwill pass it . But i have gold cc will ask them to do it on that if they agree then they will not ask as per their tnc it is straight upgrade else i will not go further at all.

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ok that is why i was wondering if they ask income doc inwill pass it . But i have gold cc will ask them to do it on that if they agree then they will not ask as per their tnc it is straight upgrade else i will not go further at all.
i think no new application for upgrade from gold charge to platinum charge , some comments in our forum mentioned that no need to submit new application for upgrade if already having gold charge

ALOAK

TF Ace
i think no new application for upgrade from gold charge to platinum charge , some comments in our forum mentioned that no need to submit new application for upgrade if already having gold charge
Yes i read it and it is also in their tnc but thebupgrade offer i received was on my plat travel card not on gold cc. Again today they have send me upgrade to metal plat chg when i had already submitted it on 12th. Not sure why they sent it again.

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes i read it and it is also in their tnc but thebupgrade offer i received was on my plat travel card not on gold cc. Again today they have send me upgrade to metal plat chg when i had already submitted it on 12th. Not sure why they sent it again.
Was curious to know, whether your spends on Plat Travel is more than on Gold card? And was that the reason for you to get the upgrade offer on Plat travel over Gold ?

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Amex sending upgrade offer on your account that is unique number mentioned in welcome letter probably they knows you having gold charge too , I suggest you to touch chat option and ask them captured your request or need to place again.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Was curious to know, whether your spends on Plat Travel is more than on Gold card? And was that the reason for you to get the upgrade offer on Plat travel over Gold ?
Gc is a recent addition abt 2 months plat travel i use a lot i have another 50k to complete the milestone of 4lkhs. 3 months back they sent email to upgrade it tonplat chg by amex rep but got rejected sue to income issue. Their AI rejects it if u 25lkhs or more is not selected but i have seen some have received even less than 20lkhs income or less than that some amex rep help customer to just input 25lkhs and it approves and no income doc asked for it. Some are lucky some are not. Sab moh maya

Reactions: Tay

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Getting two upgrade mailers every few days...one simply for the plat card and another highlighting the MB gold status benefit with the plat card 😁