• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 650

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
did you guys see the new offer from Amex for redeeming the points for stay, dinning adventure in Jaipur Goa IMG_6627.jpeg Sweden
yeah too expensive, I didn't feel the worth
I checked for Gir 2N with private jeep @90k points

Goa boats felt like a decent redemption price almost at par as retail. Few more redeem options available but I'm gonna still redeem Taj :ROFLMAO:

vikramsrit

TF Select
Is this upgrade offer a pre approved upgrade or does it involve cibil hit, docs submissions, address verification, vkyc etc?
I went through a VKYC. That's all. Don't think there is a CIBIL hit. Didn't have to submit any documents and didn't do any address verification. In fact, got the card at a location which is not serviceable by Amex. I guess it works only for upgrade. Your address and address on the Aadhar/ID should match.

theglobalinvestor

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I went through a VKYC. That's all. Don't think there is a CIBIL hit. Didn't have to submit any documents and didn't do any address verification. In fact, got the card at a location which is not serviceable by Amex. I guess it works only for upgrade. Your address and address on the Aadhar/ID should match.
How did you get an amex card in the first place to a non serviceable location?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Ok. So you changed address to non serviceable location after getting your first card? How?
You can update your address with Amex by giving the address proof.

Citi and Amex allows to change the address proof to non serviceable location after approval. But you cannot apply new card with unserviceable location. Not sure of other banks like HSBC, SCB.

Hhello ppl , first time on technofin I read the first 5 pages of discussion would like to get opinions on continuing this year with my amex platinum card or no? They aren't offering much just 20k taj vouchers and the usual 10k bday taj vouchers. Thoughts?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The question still remains, is it worth continuing the card or should I just downgrade the card?
First things first Amex Plat charge shouldn’t be considered value for card for retention bonus and all, it’s purely lifestyle based card. Its value lies in the card itself and the lifestyle benefits it offers. Depends on individual choice

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
First things first Amex Plat charge shouldn’t be considered value for card for retention bonus and all, it’s purely lifestyle based card. Its value lies in the card itself and the lifestyle benefits it offers. Depends on individual choice
did your Marriot gold status reflecting? Mine except marriot all updated