• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 649

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I really wish there was a way to know how big is this echo chamber 😅 did so many ppl really get upgrade offer and was there a good enough conversion % and eventual axis magnus like fiasco? or this is like a super tiny circle

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Might be Limited access per QTR not UL. Who knows what's in the queue??
Would be weird to see devaluation on a 70K annual fee card.

I still think a lot of people won't upgrade because they feel the fee is too high compared to renewal benefits and features offered(other than the MR points).

praneeth999

TF Select
I really wish there was a way to know how big is this echo chamber 😅 did so many ppl really get upgrade offer and was there a good enough conversion % and eventual axis magnus like fiasco? or this is like a super tiny circle
Certainly many users got it. I only have smart earn, uses it probably 2-3 times a month but still got this upgrade offer. I'm definitely not going to upgrade as i don't need it. I can't manufacturer such high travel based spends to justify this card.

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There will be very few people who will pay 71K as fees.
Certainly many users got it. I only have smart earn, uses it probably 2-3 times a month but still got this upgrade offer. I'm definitely not going to upgrade as i don't need it. I can't manufacturer such high travel based spends to justify this card.
You are correct. Same case with me. I hold smartearn and even I cannot afford to pay this much amount as it does not match with my expense pattern.

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Out of curiosity - what kind of travel spends justify this card?
Like booking from FHR to get hotel credits?

The way I see it is that you cant justify the price tag. Its a lifestyle card. If you have the lifestyle; you get the card (or in this case someone with a Marriott trip coming up).

Or am I missing something?

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

The way I see it is that you cant justify the price tag. Its a lifestyle card. If you have the lifestyle; you get the card (or in this case someone with a Marriott trip coming up).

staying at oberoi gives best value with this card.you can get the money back with 1-2 stays.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Yes it's a pure lifestyle card , the only thing that would provide some value to normal spenders would be the welcome benefits in terms of Amex points.
1.35L MR is roughly valued at around 92k if redeemed against FFP's or Marriot.

So someone with some travel plans can get benefitted from it.
The card is not that rewarding.
Say for example to earn 1 lakh MR it would need a spend of approx 40 lakhs INR , even with reward multiplier it takes 8 lakhs RS with 5x accelerated rewards.
There are no milestone , no annual benefits too
The only thing it provides is high accelerated rewards on super expensive spends like those for Bulgari , Balenciaga etc which I am sure 99% of the users won't be spending , other benefits would be in booking high end Oberoi properties or Taj properties were they provide some good discounts , against most of the users skip these or it would be once a year which would not justify the price

Unless you are not someone , whose go-to hotels are Taj or Oberoi, go to Truefitt & Hill for salons , fly business class ( revenue ) ,go for 5-6 luxury international vacations , this card is only for the welcome benefits.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to get the upgrade using the upgrade link received over email by someone else? Or is the link locked to their respective cards?

I am genuinely interested in getting Platinum Charge card. Infact had tagged the Amex sales persons here multiple times to help with C2C but I was not worthy enough to get his response. Ended up applying directly online and instantly rejected without reason.

So want to see if I can get the card through this upgrade route (i have not received any upgrade offer as yet).

sidsid2005

TF Buzz
I've also got this offer to upgrade to amex plat charge. I'm holding amex travel plat (where the best use of points till now i could figure out is to transfer the points to marriott and get 1.3x points with marriott)

Now I'm holding axis atlas, yes bank marquee and I'm confused whether to spend 70k to get plat. The best use i think is again with marriott and easily 135 mr points can achieve value of 70k.

Amex plat charge Should be bought or not ..

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You get third night complementary with Amex Plat charge
The offer runs almost for round the year
If compared with TPA , you would save around 20-50k atleast depending on the property for a 3 night stay.
So to get the 3rd night free should the 2N reservation should be made by Amex Plat Charge card only??

From Plat Concierge or directly from ITC??

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How is that we get back the money in one two days? Little perplexed
i said one or two stays.it gives 3rd night complimentary and room upgrade with discount on food and spa.oberoi room goes for anywhere from 20k to 90k depending on the property.so one or two stays can recover 70k