• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unrecognised transaction from Paytm (solved)

prc1990

TF Ace
I was checking the statement of one of my ICICI credit cards and found a debit transaction from Paytm however I don't recognise the transaction.

I cross checked my sms but haven't found any OTP on the date of transaction mentioned in the statement.

The amount is below 1K but not able to understand what transaction is this? Can this be fees charged by Paytm which they have started recently or is it something else?

Anyone else have noticed this?

I was checking the statement of one of my ICICI credit cards and found a debit transaction from Paytm however I don't recognise the transaction.

I cross checked my sms but haven't found any OTP on the date of transaction mentioned in the statement.

The amount is below 1K but not able to understand what transaction is this? Can this be fees charged by Paytm which they have started recently or is it something else?

Can you share screenshot of transaction?

prc1990

TF Ace
I also didn't get what this transaction could be. But for sure not any fee charged by paytm.
If you see the screenshot, it shows the icon of apparel actually. That basically refers to an e-commerce fashion platform but still not able to recall about anything I did.

Another thing, recently I received credit refund balance in my bank account. Can this be related to that?

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
If you see the screenshot, it shows the icon of apparel actually. That basically refers to an e-commerce fashion platform but still not able to recall about anything I did.

Another thing, recently I received credit refund balance in my bank account. Can this be related to that?
Is it the same amount that u have received in account?

ltf4ever

TF Ace

did you do any pos transaction? that might explain the missing OTP.
also check your emails and spam folder for any otps.

prc1990

TF Ace
Simply call the customer care and ask them details about this txn.

They usually do have info on where the money went. Maybe that'll ring some bells

Do it quick because if it's a fraud txn , you must report it within 3 days for minimum liability
Have dropped an email. Let's see.

Nope didn't buy any voucher. Another issue is I'm not able to open the statement with pwd specified by bank. This I am facing for last couple of months.
Icici does this on regular basis, ask the cc to resend the statement as the current statement is corrupted they'll send a new statement and you can easily access it via password

prc1990

TF Ace
Had it been fraud, the fraudster would have sweeped the entire limit by now.
That's a valid point though. I digged through my email and found a transaction on Apr 1 with same amount. I think that transaction got settled after over 2 months and hence showing in statement. I had similar late settlement in this card in the past as well. Coral Rupay 😂.