• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unprecedented Speed: Standard Chartered Bank Sets New Record for Credit Card Approvals, Yet Some Endings Disappoint

credit_noob

TF Premier
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a Standard Chartered rewards credit card through an agent/employee, and it was a bit of an unusual experience. The agent applied for the card using a laptop, which I found strange as it was the first time I had seen someone apply in that manner.

Here's a timeline of the application process:

- 12:00 pm: Application filled out.
- 12:11 pm: EKYC completed with just Aadhar OTP authentication.
- 12:35 pm: VKYC completed, during which I was asked multiple questions about my income, position grade, addresses, and the product I applied for. It was the longest KYC process I have ever experienced.

I did not receive any notification confirming the success of the VKYC.

- 1:45 pm: I received a message saying that SMS banking had been successfully activated. I was unsure about what this meant.
- 2:29 pm: I received an email stating that my application had been approved and that the card would be dispatched soon. The email also included the terms and conditions in a PDF format.

Here are some additional details about my application:

- CIBIL Score: 801
- Last 3 months' enquiries: 5
- Last 15 days' enquiries: 2
- Number of new cards added to the report in the last 2 months: 3
- Highest credit limit: ₹3.2 lakh
- Account age: 7 years and 7 months

I was disappointed to discover that a single application resulted in two hard enquiries on my CIBIL report.

Last edited:

credit_noob

TF Premier
++ Address both home and office locations in a metro city can pose a challenge, especially with a 15km distance between the two. Nowadays, banks are scrutinizing these details closely, which can be frustrating.

Additionally, there is a significant difference of 300km between the address on my Aadhar card and my current home and office locations. Unfortunately, the area indicated on my Aadhar card is classified as undeliverable.
Application to approval nearly 4 hour new record I think whichout relationship with bank

Last edited:

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
I applied for a easemytrip card, all formalities were finished but never got a response after that.

The IVR is not acknowledging the application number.

Wasn't able to contact any human, was able to get a human on a lost card line but she was not helpful.

Been weeks.

credit_noob

TF Premier
I applied for a easemytrip card, all formalities were finished but never got a response after that.

The IVR is not acknowledging the application number.

Wasn't able to contact any human, was able to get a human on a lost card line but she was not helpful.

Been weeks.

Oh, this is the problem with all small, useless banks: IVR not recognizing the application number or saying it does not exist. I won't connect until I connect with representatives."

panu24

TF Ace
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a Standard Chartered rewards credit card through an agent/employee, and it was a bit of an unusual experience. The agent applied for the card using a laptop, which I found strange as it was the first time I had seen someone apply in that manner.

Here's a timeline of the application process:

- 12:00 pm: Application filled out.
- 12:11 pm: EKYC completed with just Aadhar OTP authentication.
- 12:35 pm: VKYC completed, during which I was asked multiple questions about my income, position grade, addresses, and the product I applied for. It was the longest KYC process I have ever experienced.

I did not receive any notification confirming the success of the VKYC.

- 1:45 pm: I received a message saying that SMS banking had been successfully activated. I was unsure about what this meant.
- 2:29 pm: I received an email stating that my application had been approved and that the card would be dispatched soon. The email also included the terms and conditions in a PDF format.

Here are some additional details about my application:

- CIBIL Score: 801
- Last 3 months' enquiries: 5
- Last 15 days' enquiries: 2
- Number of new cards added to the report in the last 2 months: 3
- Highest credit limit: ₹3.2 lakh
- Account age: 7 years and 7 months

I was disappointed to discover that a single application resulted in two hard enquiries on my CIBIL report.
My experience is similar. It took 7 hrs to get that approval email. SC does double cibil enquiry.

panu24

TF Ace
What course of action was taken in response to the double enquiry?
Thanks
nothing. I heard from some members SC does not remove double cibll enquiry. SC is so so slow bank in response that I decided I will contact them only when emergency comes. They are just hopeless in giving reply to emails at least in my experience. At least I get some reply for SC issues in this forum.

jeevanreddy58

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
nothing. I heard from some members SC does not remove double cibll enquiry. SC is so so slow bank in response that I decided I will contact them only when emergency comes. They are just hopeless in giving reply to emails at least in my experience. At least I get some reply for SC issues in this forum.
They did for me.. 1st level is of no use.. better email to pno once the threshold is crossed with 1st level.. they ask for cibil report...

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
I did get both of my Cibil enquiries removed from them.
There was a misselling from them, proved it and got the Cibil enquiries removed and cancelled the card and other relationships with them