• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unprecedented Speed: Standard Chartered Bank Sets New Record for Credit Card Approvals, Yet Some Endings Disappoint

credit_noob

TF Premier
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a Standard Chartered rewards credit card through an agent/employee, and it was a bit of an unusual experience. The agent applied for the card using a laptop, which I found strange as it was the first time I had seen someone apply in that manner.

Here's a timeline of the application process:

- 12:00 pm: Application filled out.
- 12:11 pm: EKYC completed with just Aadhar OTP authentication.
- 12:35 pm: VKYC completed, during which I was asked multiple questions about my income, position grade, addresses, and the product I applied for. It was the longest KYC process I have ever experienced.

I did not receive any notification confirming the success of the VKYC.

- 1:45 pm: I received a message saying that SMS banking had been successfully activated. I was unsure about what this meant.
- 2:29 pm: I received an email stating that my application had been approved and that the card would be dispatched soon. The email also included the terms and conditions in a PDF format.

Here are some additional details about my application:

- CIBIL Score: 801
- Last 3 months' enquiries: 5
- Last 15 days' enquiries: 2
- Number of new cards added to the report in the last 2 months: 3
- Highest credit limit: ₹3.2 lakh
- Account age: 7 years and 7 months

I was disappointed to discover that a single application resulted in two hard enquiries on my CIBIL report.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
I applied for a easemytrip card, all formalities were finished but never got a response after that.

The IVR is not acknowledging the application number.

Wasn't able to contact any human, was able to get a human on a lost card line but she was not helpful.

Been weeks.
Principal.NodalOfficer@sc.com / Head.Service@sc.com

Drop a mail with application reference number.

Note: SC very very slow with responding mails, so have some patience.

I would say, none of the SC cards worth for the effort, but anycase if you want to escalate use above approach.

https://www.technofino.in/community...onsider-it-for-spends-limit.14359/post-546544