• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Uni to launch Credit Card

cardgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just had a call with uni pay customer care and I came to know that they are coming up with a credit card launch from next month. All the existing cards will be converted to credit cards or they might issue new cards, the customer care executive is not clear about it. But she said that they are coming up with a credit card product from next month.

Strange

TF Legend
Now it seems to have disappeared from the app! Also I asked Uni support on WhatsApp to confirm whether it was FD-based (secured) or unsecured CC. As expected, the person had no clue what is a secured credit card. He said "Our card systems are very secure and if you have any security breach, report to us bla bla". I tried to explain again in simpler language, then he said it's most probably not FD-based.
Did you join waitlist for this NX card?

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Now it seems to have disappeared from the app! Also I asked Uni support on WhatsApp to confirm whether it was FD-based (secured) or unsecured CC. As expected, the person had no clue what is a secured credit card. He said "Our card systems are very secure and if you have any security breach, report to us bla bla". I tried to explain again in simpler language, then he said it's most probably not FD-based.
U shd hv told credit card ke liye paisa pehlese deneka ki baadme deneka..?
They only understand desi language.!

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
If the card issuing bank is SBM, then there is a very high chance that it is FD based card.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
It will be unsecured for sure because they are already giving provisional limits of 2x the current limit .

It will be unsecured for sure because they are already giving provisional limits of 2x the current limit .
Alright.

More than a lakh of people have already pre registered for the card, maybe they will issue unsecured card to some and secured to some.

Let's see what their verification and KYC process is.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
hmmm it good uni pay will roll out the cc, it seem everyone has their doubt on unsecured/secured , let c what happens other than zero markup fees & LTF with approval should be quick is the only highlight for me , will personally will check again in 3 month or so to see if it really a cc with no loan showing up in cibil(people who have applied will definitely confirm these in the forum) then applying for the sake of LTF and zero markup fees won't take hurt i guess.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Any new user who wasn't a part of Uni 1/3rd but has applied for NX? Any update since I'm interested
I think it's better to wait and see until the card is launched and issued to consumers.

I too am kind of interested in the credit card, but I don't want to open UNI 1/3 account because opening a account may result in a personal loan entry being added to credit report.

I think it's better to wait and see until the card is launched and issued to consumers.

I too am kind of interested in the credit card, but I don't want to open UNI 1/3 account because opening a account may result in a personal loan entry being added to credit report.
They stopped opening UNI 1/3 accounts. If you are new user trying to sign-up you'll just see this screen.

Attachments

• image_picker654009209318889041.jpg
    image_picker654009209318889041.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 43

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It’s Co branded card

Attachments

• 91E4201A-8104-4C02-8D85-79381CF77149.jpeg
    91E4201A-8104-4C02-8D85-79381CF77149.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 13C656A6-D40E-423C-B059-B862AE7D97D6.png
    13C656A6-D40E-423C-B059-B862AE7D97D6.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 77
  • FF4FF1A4-5E4E-46D1-94CE-FECD9E1C05EE.jpeg
    FF4FF1A4-5E4E-46D1-94CE-FECD9E1C05EE.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 76

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just now closed their account permanently! As one of our community member already assumed there is no way issue unsecured card with SBM, if possible slice and lazypay is the first company rolled out…

Vijayyt

TF Buzz
Just now closed their account permanently! As one of our community member already assumed there is no way issue unsecured card with SBM, if possible slice and lazypay is the first company rolled out…
Closed the account? I have UNI card which used few months back, Later they said NX wave will be issued soon, Do we really need to act and close my account? Please suggest