• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Total Timely Payments Count Increase Guide for all Credit Bureaus.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bank Name
Reports bill payment to CIBIL for no spends. (Yes/No)
AMEXYes
AU Bank
Axis
BoBYes
Citi BankYes
Federal BankYes (OneCard)
HDFC BankYes
HSBC
ICICI Bank
Regular Card - No ; Apay Card - Yes
IDFC BankYes
IndusindYes
KotakYes
RBLYes
SBIYes ; still need confirmation from someone.
StanC
Yes BankYes

Credit Cards

Name
Reports to CIBIL for no spends. (Yes/No)
Cred
Paytm Postpaid
Ola Money Postpaid (IDFC)Yes
Flipkart Pay Later (IDFC)Yes

BNPL

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey community members,
This thread is going to require an active involvement from the members so do help in providing the inputs.

So most of the people in this community hold multiple LTF which are not actively used I suppose. Thus if a card isn't used the bill doesn't get generated in that perticular month. But banks need to report these bill payments to CIBIL.
So in such scenarios the reporting done by the banks differs from bank to bank. Some banks report it as a payment which adds up in the total payment count. Some banks doesn't report it as payment and the payment count doesn't increase.

Note: As we all know the number of total timely payments play a major role in our CIBIL score, thus having more number of timely payments is very beneficial.

So in this thread we are going to maintain a table stating which banks report payment and which doesn't on not spending any money.

You inputs will be highly appreciated to update the data.
Comment the name of the bank that reports payment for no spends and I'll update the table accordingly. 📌📌

Special mentions : @TechnoFino @Subhankar @fatehbajwa @Wealth is my birth right! @Batmanbaba @Abhishek012 @ashwink
(Do tag if I didn't tag someone worth tagging)

Also once we get the list of banks which doesn't report payment to CIBIL for no spends, such cards can be used to buy vouchers or add money in wallet every month just to generate the bill and increase the total timely payments count.

Attachments

• Total Payments.jpg
    Total Payments.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks @HyperBeast for this thread... even I wanted to know about this information for a long time as my 40+ month old ICICI card has only 35 timely payments mentioned in the report

I too can vouch for ICICI that they increase the count only when a positive amount statement is generated and is paid..

Once, my statement was generated with Rs.2 credit amount, but the payment count did not increase in report eventhough ICICI reported it as timely payment

Axis & HDFC update every single month
so if there is no usage of HDFC card, they would still increase the payment count ?
I thought they were same as ICICI... thanks for the info!

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I too can vouch for ICICI that they increase the count only when a positive amount statement is generated and is paid..

Once, my statement was generated with Rs.2 credit amount, but the payment count did not increase in report eventhough ICICI reported it as timely payment
My statements were positive but not reported after October. Maybe they have a cycle of 3 months. So it can be updated next in February for all 3 months.
so if there is no usage of HDFC card, they would still increase the payment count ?
I thought they were same as ICICI... thanks for the info!
Yes HDFC do count as positive payment even when we don't use it. And they update every single month.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For HDFC, yes. In Axis I'm doing transactions so not sure.
Its great that HDFC increases Total Timely Payments Count even if the bill amount is Rs.0 i.e. card is not used even once in that period.. havent been able to check it by myself as I keep using it instead of ICICI

ICICI is bad this way
Do tag people that can help us gather this data.
People with 10 or 15 plus credit cards can definitely help us

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
ICICI AmazonPay (separate entry in CIBIL) always report for me even if I didn't use but same not worked for regular ICICI card account in CIBIL.

SBI - always '0' (99% time)

1 account closed on the same day of delivery but reported 0 for 2 years.

another account haven't used for 8 months, in that 1 month reported 'XXX' remaining all 0.

After closing this also still reporting for the past 1 year with 0
I guess 0 also counts as a payment in sbi??

xiddy

TF Premier
What does "XXX" mean? I noticed that ICICI reports this a lot on one of my cards.
Update:

AmazonPay reported first time with 'XXX'
Citi also reported first time with 'XXX' (even though not using this card for 14 months)

Surprisingly SBI still reporting with '0' even though card closed 15 months ago.