• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Thinking to Downgrade IDFC Account

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I already have IDFC Wealth CC.
I do not use IDFC Signature Debit Card (got it blocked when they were thinking to charge annual fee).

I do not see any difference between 25k MAB acc and 10k MAB acc. Please enlighten if there is.
I do not want the obligation to keep 25K else penalty.
Also, I am wanting to move expenses to HDFC for probably Core CC offer.

Edit: I have 25k MAB acc not wealth. :p
Comments?

Last edited:

equalizer

TF Premier
Do let us about their reply.

I also wanted to downgrade my account so visited branch but they straight up denined to convert it.

Raised a complaint and a week later got a call from branch saying they can downgrade to BSBDA pratham account but
not future first.

Visited home branch and requested downgrade to BSBDA.. Branch manager said there is no such product in IDFC as it is a private bank.. He said economically weaker section has to go to PSU bank for Jan Dhan..

One tweet and 24H later -

2.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    31 KB · Views: 29

rohant

TF Premier
Unlikely IMO. I've been keeping 25k minimum for 4 years. No offers. Never once.

Edit: Area - Bangalore City
I have the same account; maintaining MAB since last 3 years. What should be the way ahead? I need the account because of some reason. Should I downgrade to 10k MAB? as eventually they'll issue VISA Platinum card post the Signature card expiry date.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have the same account; maintaining MAB since last 3 years. What should be the way ahead? I need the account because of some reason. Should I downgrade to 10k MAB? as eventually they'll issue VISA Platinum card post the Signature card expiry date.
Their dc reward system got no juice to exploit. Other than free atm withdrawal, imps free ..same kinda service .
I don't think anyone uses unlimited withdrawal to the extent. Waste .

M closing the account post devaluation of their dc for credit card payment

rohant

TF Premier
Their dc reward system got no juice to exploit. Other than free atm withdrawal, imps free ..same kinda service .
I don't think anyone uses unlimited withdrawal to the extent. Waste .

M closing the account post devaluation of their dc for credit card payment
wait what?
What reward/ cashback do they give for cc payment?
I never did atm withdrawal, neither did I do any IMPS. Should I downgrade? Also, can it be done online. 9-10 months, it was an offline process.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
wait what?
I never did atm withdrawal, neither did I do any IMPS. Should I downgrade? Also, can it be done online. 9-10 months, it was an offline process.

Come to this thread i m too asking him 😂

telescope

TF Ace
wait what?
Yes please downgrade. No use of keeping 25k in this account. Only difference between 25k and 10k account is lounge access.

rohant

TF Premier

Come to this thread i m too asking him 😂
How to convert account to Zero balance?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
How to convert account to Zero balance?
Go to branch ask u wanna convert to BDsa ( basic saving account ) . Initially they will decline anything like that .ask branch manager name & don't argue much ..
Complaint on Twitter & level 1 .
They will call u & do your Thing in 5 Mintues on next visit .

If They are rude again go level 2 ..
But it will be done u have to write good email ..

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone confirm the MAB need to be maintained for the wealth account after the upgrade?

I am planning to park the funds in IDFC savings account for the wealth upgrade but wanted to confirm before doing that

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can anyone confirm the MAB need to be maintained for the wealth account after the upgrade?

I am planning to park the funds in IDFC savings account for the wealth upgrade but wanted to confirm before doing that
Nothing ..just maintain 1-3 lakh in first 3 month

But yes if ur account is 25k base or 10k
Need to maintain that regardless

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So Like You Read it somewhere or Someone Told You this (Base Criteria for Wealth Account) ? Asking this Because Branch Officials said that there is no such compulsion in Wealth Account.
As in ,
See
1st month u have to maintain bcz it takes time to get from normal account to wealth
( This is for people who go through new account & initial payment of 2-3 lakh )
For existing ac holder u have to maintain for 2-3 month then get approved etc etc

2nd-3rd month
If u make it 10k or 25 k - no one cares but u can get call.
Anyways IDFC pre approved offer are very opaque in nature .
But the base Variant maintenance is necessary (10k or 25k accordingly) .