• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Thinking to Downgrade IDFC Account

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I already have IDFC Wealth CC.
I do not use IDFC Signature Debit Card (got it blocked when they were thinking to charge annual fee).

I do not see any difference between 25k MAB acc and 10k MAB acc. Please enlighten if there is.
I do not want the obligation to keep 25K else penalty.
Also, I am wanting to move expenses to HDFC for probably Core CC offer.

Edit: I have 25k MAB acc not wealth. :p
Comments?

Last edited:

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Last query.. how much AMB you maintained in your account ?
In beginning it ranged from 3.5L- 8L. They were offering 7% on Savings Accs (later 6%-4% now 3%). Now my AMB IDFC has ranged from 27k-70k. I also used it as my primary account as they had IMPS, DD etc free. It was around 150-200k when they sent SMS (July- Aug 22). I had also expressed Interest in Jan 2021 for their CC. (This info maybe useless).

CC: @Rahul Gupta

Last edited:

theda

TF Premier
How to close IDFC account online?
Contact customer care and ask them to send account closure link. Once you got the link click on it a form will open. Fill and submit the form, your account will be closed within 3 days.

Keep in mind they will try to convince you to not close the account. And may even say that it is not possible online. If so, say that one of your friend closed the account by this method.
If they still deny wait for 1 hour and call again eventually someone will do it.

Last edited:

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Contact customer care and ask them to send account closure link. Once you got the link click on it a form will open. Fill and submit the form, your account will be closed within 3 days.

Keep in mind they will try to convince you to not close the account. And may even that it is not possible online. If so say that one of your friend closed the by this method.
If they still deny wait for 1 hour and call again eventually someone will do it.
If only they would (or could) change account type online :p

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier
Is there any retention offer also?😂

Keep in mind they will try to convince you to not close the account. And may even that it is not possible online. If so say that one of your friend closed the by this method.

ismail

TF Select
i hope closing the savings account does not have any relation with existing credit cards? and can we access the same app to see credit card transactions after account closure?

telescope

TF Ace
Went to branch to downgrade 25k account to 10k/future first. They said future first downgrade is not possible and that is only for new to bank customers with no existing customer id. It might be false though.

Ended up with 10k downgrade.