• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Thinking to Downgrade IDFC Account

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I already have IDFC Wealth CC.
I do not use IDFC Signature Debit Card (got it blocked when they were thinking to charge annual fee).

I do not see any difference between 25k MAB acc and 10k MAB acc. Please enlighten if there is.
I do not want the obligation to keep 25K else penalty.
Also, I am wanting to move expenses to HDFC for probably Core CC offer.

Edit: I have 25k MAB acc not wealth. :p
Comments?

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have 25 k account from 3-4 month .
A consumer durable loan emi card has appeared as offer 65k
Should i close the account ? Or wait for offers
Yes there is no relation of cc & saving in idfc . But is there a hope

theda

TF Premier
I have 25 k account from 3-4 month .
A consumer durable loan emi card has appeared as offer 65k
Should i close the account ? Or wait for offers
Yes there is no relation of cc & saving in idfc . But is there a hope
I suggest you keep it for at least 6-12 months. if your area is serviceable you will surely get offers.

telescope

TF Ace
What's the difference between 10k and 25k account variants? Except I think lounge access.

Will they replace my existing dc after account downgrade? Or if the dc is not replaced, then will complimentary lounge access work?

theda

TF Premier
Unlikely IMO. I've been keeping 25k minimum for 4 years. No offers. Never once.

Edit: Area - Bangalore City
You don't just have to keep the MAB maintained, you have to do regular transactions especially debit card transactions.

The best things would be to shift as much transaction as possible to debit card even smaller ones.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You don't just have to keep the MAB maintained, you have to do regular transactions especially debit card transactions.

The best things would be to shift as much transaction as possible to debit card even smaller ones.
oh accha. I don't think I've ever used IDFC Debit card. Saw no offers ever. TIL.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
There is no relation between idfc saving account and credit card.
This is fuddu bank trying to copy hdfc but won't even though hdfc is bigger fuddu 😎
Unlikely IMO. I've been keeping 25k minimum for 4 years. No offers. Never once.

Edit: Area - Bangalore City

0xfallup

TF Ace
Went to branch to downgrade 25k account to 10k/future first. They said future first downgrade is not possible and that is only for new to bank customers with no existing customer id. It might be false though.

Ended up with 10k downgrade.
Negative , I had an existing customer id from bnpl, cc and eventually it is same from start to end

telescope

TF Ace
What's the difference between 10k and 25k account variants? Except I think lounge access.

Will they replace my existing dc after account downgrade? Or if the dc is not replaced, then will complimentary lounge access work?
Account downgrade complete. I can see visa classic dc has been issued to my account. Visa platinum dc is also active.

Worst thing with this downgrade is that rupay first tap sticker got blocked. Ordered it just weeks ago. Paisa barbaad hua.

theda

TF Premier
Account downgrade complete. I can see visa classic dc has been issued to my account. Visa platinum dc is also active.

Worst thing with this downgrade is that rupay first tap sticker got blocked. Ordered it just weeks ago. Paisa barbaad hua.
Did you go to the branch or was it online? How much time did it took for Visa classic dc to show up in the app?

And your first tap card should not be blocked. contact customer care they might unblock it.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hasn't been upgraded yet. RM said she'll make a request last Friday, and give me a call this Tuesday to update.

No calls, no update so far. Absolutely hate IDFC services.
Okay, so I checked the monthly account statement email and realised that I have indeed been upgraded to Wealth Savings Account. I can also see the App reflecting a new (un-activated) Wealth Debit Card. But the Accounts section still reflects a "regular savings" account.

Looks like my RM came through. I should also point out that I received no call/message/email update from her or the bank.

I'll wait for a few days for the Wealth DC to be delivered. Good start to December.