• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Things to know before investing in Physical Gold?

I was thinking about using the Amazon Vouchers purchased from Credit Cards fo buy Tanishq vouchers or vouchers of some other jeweller. Then I would use those vouchers to buy gold coins.

Is it a viable option?

I have a few queries

1. Do I get rate that matches the market or is at most 5% higher than market rate?
2. Are there any other hidden charges?
3. How easy will it be to sell the gold?
4. Are there any deductions when selling the gold? Will I get the market rate or will they offer lower value?

Aayush25

TF Buzz
Get gold from Bangalore Refinery I believe it is available in TataCliq, you will also get 5% Neucoins while transacting from TataNue app

After some self research I found out that we have to take min 15% loss if ee buy and sell immediately. So not worth it. Here is the breakup

8-9% making charges
3% GST
3% lower buyback price if you want cash. Jewelers offer buyback at 100% of base gold price only if you exchange it

And not every jeweler will offer buyback

So total min 14-15% loss

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
He's talking about making charges. The cost of labour and other inputs and margin the company adds to base gold price

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
After some self research I found out that we have to take min 15% loss if ee buy and sell immediately. So not worth it. Here is the breakup

8-9% making charges
3% GST
3% lower buyback price if you want cash. Jewelers offer buyback at 100% of base gold price only if you exchange it

And not every jeweler will offer buyback

So total min 14-15% loss
Is amazon the cheapest place to get bangalore refinery coins or we can get them offline stores at better rates?

Aayush25

TF Buzz
Is amazon the cheapest place to get bangalore refinery coins or we can get them offline stores at better rates?
Depends first check on Amazon, TataCliq, but I would say if buy TataCliq GV with Amazon GC and but Amazon GC with any bank portal with discount while paying with normal CC giving 2% value back then it's extremely cheap on TataCliq, I got it @ about 5150 per gram

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What's the best price of bangalore refinery 24k you are getting online and where?

Aayush25

TF Buzz
Shop: https://www.tatacliq.com/bangalore-refinery-24k-999-9-1gm-gold-bar/p-mp000000006947477
Link and explanation of how you are getting such a high cashback?
First get Amazon Pay Gift card from wherever you want, like SmartBuy or Grabdeals, etc just need high discount on it.
The buy TataCliq GV via Magicpin or anyother website where you can pay for it via the Amazon Pay Gift card, and make sure to pay via your Cc for Amazon GC
For example,
In smarbuy we can get Amazon gc @5% cashback via Payzapp wallet and I used Kotak League Platinum card to add money in Payzapp wallet, so I get 2% value back form Kotak cc and 5% from SmartBuy.
And 4% cashback on Magicpin for TataCliq GV and 0.4% Nuecoins back while ordering vai TataNeu.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is the cashback on smartbuy and magicpin real cashback or need to redeem in some gift voucher?