• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to invest or trade in NCD listed at BSE and NSE in the Indian markets?

sherlock

TF Buzz
I found out there is no direct way to invest in the NCD's through traditional stock brokers like Groww, Zerodha, HDFC Sky, Upstox, etc. Some of the NCD's can be purchased using GoldenPi platform but they don't list all the NCD which are available for trading and they list only a selective few.

I went to the BSE official website and found out all NCD IPO can be found at:

I did not find any direct way of investing using above official website of BSE. Additionally, not all NCD IPO which are listed at BSE/NSE are made available at GoldenPI. So how do we invest in any NCD of our choice? Is there any way do this?
Also, I heard that listed NCD can be sold back into the markets. How do we do that because traditional stock brokers don't offer the facility of buying/selling (trading) of NCD's.

Some of the upcoming NCD IPO can be found at:

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
I did not find any direct way of investing using above official website of BSE. Additionally, not all NCD IPO which are listed at BSE/NSE are made available at GoldenPI. So how do we invest in any NCD of our choice? Is there any way do this?

Some companies allow direct subscriptions to their NCD issues.

Note
:
This is usually offered to high-net-worth individuals or institutional investors.

There are two main ways to sell back NCDs:

1. Through the secondary market:

Listed NCDs: If your NCDs are listed on a stock exchange like NSE or BSE, you can sell them through your trading account with your broker. The process is similar to selling stocks: you place an order to sell at a desired price, and if matched with a buyer, the NCDs are sold and the proceeds credited to your account.

Unlisted NCDs: Selling unlisted NCDs can be trickier as they don't have a readily available market. You may need to find a buyer directly or approach your broker to see if they can help facilitate the sale.

2.Early redemption by the issuer:

Some NCDs may offer an early redemption option, allowing the issuer to buy back the NCDs before the maturity date. This is usually done at a pre-determined price, which may be below or above the face value of the NCD depending on market conditions.

Check the terms and conditions of your NCDs to see if there is an early redemption clause and what the redemption price would be.