• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions for new Credit Card

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello ,

I currently hold HDFC DBC LTF and Kotak Signature Royale Cards. I have been using Kotak primarily for all my spends around 60k per month and DBC for getting vouchers through smart buy gyftr.

I am looking for a SBI credit card to use for Amazon & FK offers and also upgrade or downgrade the Kotak CC. Please suggest me a credit card and any possibility to get an LTF with Kotak and SBI.

Thanks in advance

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello ,

I currently hold HDFC DBC LTF and Kotak Signature Royale Cards. I have been using Kotak primarily for all my spends around 60k per month and DBC for getting vouchers through smart buy gyftr.

I am looking for a SBI credit card to use for Amazon & FK offers and also upgrade or downgrade the Kotak CC. Please suggest me a credit card and any possibility to get an LTF with Kotak and SBI.

Thanks in advance
Depends really on what features you are looking for and spend category. Few suggestions-
For reward rate- SC ultimate
For air miles, meet and greet service- Magnus

timetraveller

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It's highly unlikely that SBI will offer you LTF cards. Don't fall for fake LTF offers from SBI sales reps (Even if you have proof, SBI would deny post card issuance).

If you're not into the miles game, then SBI Cashback would be the best bet.

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak probably one of the worst CC portfolios along with ICICI
Yeah. It is never got any actual use our if that apart from some random 10% offs on ajio and high 2500 RS on reaching yearly target 1. No movie tickets not good reward system.

I am thinking to downgrade the Kotak card to any Variant with rupay or fuel card

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It honestly depends on the amount you spend each month and what you spend it on. If you state that then maybe I could help you.
My monthly spends on Kotak would be around 45K from April '23 . previous 2 years it was nearly 60k per month and I would stop paying for a kotak insurance from that card. I have a DCB LTF card using it only for Smartbuy gyftr purchases.

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Only take AmEx Gold Charge if you're willing to do 4 * 1500 transactions each month and pay 5k yearly fees to earn a good amount of points

You will get unlimited points with Magnus and you would not know where to spend them
I will try for Magnus but I dont have any relation with Axis at this point. And Amex MRCC serve the same purpose in 4*1500 trxns

Last edited:

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's highly unlikely that SBI will offer you LTF cards. Don't fall for fake LTF offers from SBI sales reps (Even if you have proof, SBI would deny post card issuance).

If you're not into the miles game, then SBI Cashback would be the best bet.
Yeah I had tried it. The first time I applied for simply click the application was rejected due to my non-availability for the phone verification. They didnt call me second time for verification. And 2 months after that they devalued simply click. Yesterday I received a call from the SBI sales guy ( who helped in the application first time 8 months ago) for applying the card again. my home town bank told me there is no chance of getting any SBI cards as LTF :D