• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions for Health Insurance for Husband, Wife in 30s and 1 Newborn Child

Souvik

TF Premier
Hey,

With count less health insurance plans in the market at times its just confusing to zoom in onto the right health insurance plan.

Hence looking for suggestions from this forum.

Note: I already have a group health insurance from my employment for my wife and child. Looking for a another one just in case.

A bit biased towards HDFC Ergo for wide range of options/hospitals for cashless facilities.

As far as location is concerned I am working from home/Kolkata due to the pandemic but may need to move out of Kolkata as and when offices open up.

Enlightening suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

Souvik

TF Premier
I have Reliance General. My Yes bank (ex) manager suggested it. It's good, 50L cover (upto 1Cr), 20K something premium per year. I also paid 10% extra so that it remains valid outside India too.
Thanks for that, user experience is what I am trying to draw inference from...Did you have any claims yet?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Tata AIG is probably best family health insurance out there. Please remember that with health insurance what's more important is availability of affiliated hospitals near you and it should be cashless process.

Souvik

TF Premier
Tata AIG is probably best family health insurance out there. Please remember that with health insurance what's more important is availability of affiliated hospitals near you and it should be cashless process.
I appreciate that, any reason you uphold Tata AIG better compared to the peers, any specific plans you can vouch for ?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I appreciate that, any reason you uphold Tata AIG better compared to the peers, any specific plans you can vouch for ?
In my family and friends have multiple health insurances, some from corporates. During corona time lot of people have had to use their health insurances and TATA AIG has had come on the top in the group for us.

Again, this is personal and peer group review based.

Plans I can't tell, you will have to contact them directly and see.

Reactions: 007

Souvik

TF Premier
In my family and friends have multiple health insurances, some from corporates. During corona time lot of people have had to use their health insurances and TATA AIG has had come on the top in the group for us.

Again, this is personal and peer group review based.

Plans I can't tell, you will have to contact them directly and see.
Good user experience is precious, thanks !

yolofino

TF Premier
Be 100% true with your application and check out Universal Sompo and Liberty General. They don't advertise much but their plans are good.

Avoid HDFC group because of anti-customer behaviour in general.

Souvik

TF Premier
Be 100% true with your application and check out Universal Sompo and Liberty General. They don't advertise much but their plans are good.

Avoid HDFC group because of anti-customer behaviour in general.
That helps, I thought HDFC has the best network hospitals so I was looking for the same.

I agree Universal Sompo & Liberty General do not advertise much, also keen to understand if you taken any plans personally which you can vouch for ?

yolofino

TF Premier
That helps, I thought HDFC has the best network hospitals so I was looking for the same.

I agree Universal Sompo & Liberty General do not advertise much, also keen to understand if you taken any plans personally which you can vouch for ?
I've taken family floater (me & my wife) base policy from Sompo and super top-up from Liberty General. Very much satisfied so far, though never had any claims and wish I never had to make any claim.

Souvik

TF Premier
I've taken family floater (me & my wife) base policy from Sompo and super top-up from Liberty General. Very much satisfied so far, though never had any claims and wish I never had to make any claim.
Ah, I see until and unless you make a claim its unclear. Would you mind sharing the plan names here for my reference please...

yolofino

TF Premier
Ah, I see until and unless you make a claim its unclear. Would you mind sharing the plan names here for my reference please...
No one can deny a claim if your case + application are 100% true and you have not hidden anything.