• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest Bank ac with online opening saving ac

sasha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Stay away from Axis online accounts unless you don't mind paying "this & that" charges, so go thru their list of charges for online accounts before choosing to proceed
I opened Axis from Branch just to enable auto pay for My Airte & Flipkart CC. But every month / quarter they deduct abc amount. Branch commits for refund but no refund happens. Even Nodal office is helpless. So last month I converted my account to Basic Account just to safeguard Auto CC payment. I hope now such deductions get avoided else will close account.
Even in Airtel CC their Cash Back is not properly calculated.

Some Traditional Banks
Kotak 811 : No MAB, Virtual Debit Card, no SMS charges, Restriction on cash deposit.
HDFC : Rs. 10,000 MAB Urban, Debit Card (Rs. 250 to 750 + GST), Cheque Book, Passbook
AU Bank Online Account : No MAB, Rupay Debit card (Rs. 150 + GST), Cheque Book (If you choose while opening account)
ICICI Mine Account : No MAB, Visa Debit Card (150 + GST), Some restriction on cash deposit

Neo Banks
Jupiter : No MAB (If you want 1% CB on UPI and Debit Card Transaction maintain Rs. 10000), Virtual Debit Card
Fi Money : No MAB, Virtual card (Free Physical card (You can open either Jupiter or Fi money because both have ties with Federal Bank)
NiyoX : No MAB, Virtual Card (First Year Free Debit Card afterwards 199 + GST)
For AU bank is Rupay card Platinum or Classic?

tuhin

TF Premier
For online opened accounts where you get passbooks,

Open BOB Advantage Savings Account online, do video KYC. MAB just 2000. Can collect passbook from branch. Virtual debit card in BOB World app also free.
Please confirm whether BOB has SMS alert charges + Debit Card Charges

tuhin

TF Premier
for virtual only DC no charges
yes for sms qly 15+2/- but can turn off alerts if not required so no charges (but cant turn off sms in a joint account, only permitted for single owner)
I had an account with BOB earlier and observed that they issued Physical DC at the time of opening. I didn't see any Virtual DC in BOB Word at that moment. Maybe, they had not been introduced at that time. Please confirm for me:

Is it possible to open one account without having a Physical DC?

Moreover, how can anyone unsubscribe from SMS alert services? Will they send mandatory SMSes after that?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I had an account with BOB earlier and observed that they issued Physical DC at the time of opening. I didn't see any Virtual DC in BOB Word at that moment. Maybe, they had not been introduced at that time. Please confirm for me:

Is it possible to open one account without having a Physical DC?

Moreover, how can anyone unsubscribe from SMS alert services? Will they send mandatory SMSes after that?
as long as u hold physical card, charges will occur, block it if its not required.
new account u cant open with same adhar/pan if used in current bob account
sms turn off wont turn off OTPs and it can be done in their app

anonymuos

TF Ace
Please confirm whether BOB has SMS alert charges + Debit Card Charges
I opened account online, did video KYC and immediately logged in to BOB World once the account was active and blocked the physical debit card (RuPay Classic) which was by default issued. Therefore no charges were taken. Then I could generate virtual RuPay Platinum in the BOB World app for which again no charges are taken. You can request up to 3 debit cards (at least for the type of account *I* opened - 1 virtual and 2 physical as long as they are different debit cards, not the same, e.g. virtual RuPay Platinum, physical RuPay Platinum and physical IOCL co-branded RuPay Platinum). For physical DCs, naturally I was charged.

For physical debit card, charges were earlier ₹295 including GST, now raised since Aug or Sept to ₹354 I think.

I turned off all SMS alerts from BOB World app (there is some setting somewhere, look around in the app a bit). No SMS alerts ever deducted from my account so far (I opened account in May). Regardless, I still get SMS about transaction alerts - debit and credit amounts, only the optional or balance SMSes are turned off. In the branch which was auto-assigned to me based on my PIN code, they denied me passbook for opening online account. "Kuch nahin milega, jao ghar jao, aapne account online khola hai" said the rude BOB employee. So I went to another nearby branch, got the account transferred there via BOB World app and they issued me passbook. :D

FinoGuy

TF Ace
I opened account online, did video KYC and immediately logged in to BOB World once the account was active and blocked the physical debit card (RuPay Classic) which was by default issued. Therefore no charges were taken. Then I could generate virtual RuPay Platinum in the BOB World app for which again no charges are taken. You can request up to 3 debit cards (at least for the type of account *I* opened - 1 virtual and 2 physical as long as they are different debit cards, not the same, e.g. virtual RuPay Platinum, physical RuPay Platinum and physical IOCL co-branded RuPay Platinum). For physical DCs, naturally I was charged.

For physical debit card, charges were earlier ₹295 including GST, now raised since Aug or Sept to ₹354 I think.

I turned off all SMS alerts from BOB World app (there is some setting somewhere, look around in the app a bit). No SMS alerts ever deducted from my account so far (I opened account in May). Regardless, I still get SMS about transaction alerts - debit and credit amounts, only the optional or balance SMSes are turned off. In the branch which was auto-assigned to me based on my PIN code, they denied me passbook for opening online account. "Kuch nahin milega, jao ghar jao, aapne account online khola hai" said the rude BOB employee. So I went to another nearby branch, got the account transferred there via BOB World app and they issued me passbook. :D
R there any branch transfer charges?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
:ROFLMAO: Can't imagine private banks doing this, but the sheer amount of arrogance these guys show is unbelievable
i experienced this with axis and hdfc. not the rude behaviour, but their reluctance to help out because i opened online account. had to get the work done from the same people by escalating to pno.

they are losing their bonuses for each account opened online, which earlier was easy money for them. all they had to do was give you forms, take your signature and make you run from one window to another and then go for lunch.

both the bank people told me that a certain request cannot be completed because my account was opened online, and that i had to visit branch physically. after escalation, my requests were fulfilled online.

tuhin

TF Premier

Have you opened B3 Silver Account or Advantage account ? Where did you find online account opening ?

Last edited: