• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest Bank ac with online opening saving ac

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IDFC, AU, ICICI, HDFC, Kotak and probably many more which have online account opening so on that front you're covered.

Stay away from Axis if you don't want to deal with weird charges.

Also I see you've opened this thread in Debit card section. Are you looking for any particular type of card or services from debit card?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Need bank ac which can open online and have less charges.
Never go for axis. they will open your account within a day, but the charges will make you regret opening the account.
also, a branch representative told me that there are some backend restrictions for accounts opened online regarding some service requests, so to complete these requests, you will have to visit branch

FinoGuy

TF Ace
IDFC, AU, ICICI, HDFC, Kotak and probably many more which have online account opening so on that front you're covered.

Also I see you've opened this thread in Debit card section. Are you looking for any particular type of card or services from debit card?
Are there area specific mab for hdfc acc opened online? Or is same regardless of whether rural or urban?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Last week opened account with AU and within 5 working days got Cheque Book and personalised rupay DC i recommend it for their quick service, everything is online pakka.
Branch they tagged it to my nearest town

Last week opened account with AU and within 5 working days got Cheque Book and personalised rupay DC i recommend it for their quick service, everything is online pakka.
Branch they tagged it to my nearest town
Also opened account in AU bank 3 months ago, and it was quick. Got call for CC (AU LIT) with one month of account opening not pre-approved or anything but applied and got 60K limit.

No thats not correct 5k is sufficient but branch ppl ask for min 10k deposit when u opt for offline acc opening, then post acc opening/activation we can withdraw 5k
But on the website and also while online opening account it was showing MAB of Rs. 10,000.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
But on the website and also while online opening account it was showing MAB of Rs. 10,000.
edited my revert thanks

Also opened account in AU bank 3 months ago, and it was quick. Got call for CC (AU LIT) with one month of account opening not pre-approved or anything but applied and got 60K limit.
My app shows zenith card and other 2 variants like vetta but all chargeable if i apply.
Let them comeback with LTF lol

Adding the source of charges for HDFC for quick ref: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/s...accounts/regular-savings-accounts/eligibility

Just to keep amt in bank. Both type suggest
Some Traditional Banks
Kotak 811 : No MAB, Virtual Debit Card, no SMS charges, Restriction on cash deposit.
HDFC : Rs. 10,000 MAB Urban, Debit Card (Rs. 250 to 750 + GST), Cheque Book, Passbook
AU Bank Online Account : No MAB, Rupay Debit card (Rs. 150 + GST), Cheque Book (If you choose while opening account)
ICICI Mine Account : No MAB, Visa Debit Card (150 + GST), Some restriction on cash deposit

Neo Banks
Jupiter : No MAB (If you want 1% CB on UPI and Debit Card Transaction maintain Rs. 10000), Virtual Debit Card
Fi Money : No MAB, Virtual card (Free Physical card (You can open either Jupiter or Fi money because both have ties with Federal Bank)
NiyoX : No MAB, Virtual Card (First Year Free Debit Card afterwards 199 + GST)

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Some Traditional Banks
Kotak 811 : No MAB, Virtual Debit Card, no SMS charges, Restriction on cash deposit.
HDFC : Rs. 10,000 MAB Urban, Debit Card (Rs. 250 to 750 + GST), Cheque Book, Passbook
AU Bank Online Account : No MAB, Rupay Debit card (Rs. 150 + GST), Cheque Book (If you choose while opening account)
ICICI Mine Account : No MAB, Visa Debit Card (150 + GST), Some restriction on cash deposit

Neo Banks
Jupiter : No MAB (If you want 1% CB on UPI and Debit Card Transaction maintain Rs. 10000), Virtual Debit Card
Fi Money : No MAB, Virtual card (Free Physical card (You can open either Jupiter or Fi money because both have ties with Federal Bank)
NiyoX : No MAB, Virtual Card (First Year Free Debit Card afterwards 199 + GST)
Good collection of info just to share the ICICI Mine Account misc info, if targeting rupay platinum debit card pls avoid ICICI Mine Account as ICICI wont give rupay platinum under ICICI Mine Account.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Any account with passbook with minimal MAB digital opening

For online opened accounts where you get passbooks,

Open BOB Advantage Savings Account online, do video KYC. MAB just 2000. Can collect passbook from branch. Virtual debit card in BOB World app also free.

Kotak 811 of course is around for a long time. Can request passbook from net banking. Free DC, 0-balance account. Be sure to complete full KYC though.

Bank of Maharashtra online account is 0-balance, no charges deducted. Collect passbook from branch. But terrible terrible terrible net banking called MahaSecure so people run away from it. And some branches have shortage of personalized DC, although insta kits available.

Last edited: