Strategy for SC Ultimate (Have ICICI card with 4L limit)

Dexter

I have ICICI Rubyx with 4L limit, should I apply for SC Smart card(or any other SC card) and then upgrade to SC Ultimate? What is the probability of getting an initial limit of 4L on the SC card if I apply for C2C?

Or should I wait for my ICICI limit to cross 5L and then follow the same process?

Gautham

I have ICICI Rubyx with 4L limit, should I apply for SC Smart card(or any other SC card) and then upgrade to SC Ultimate? What is the probability of getting an initial limit of 4L on the SC card if I apply for C2C?

Or should I wait for my ICICI limit to cross 5L and then follow the same process?
Yes, u should apply for smart card first as SCB is very strict about income criteria of Ultimate. Probability of getting 4L is very moderate only. However if you got nothing to lose, u can apply. Enjoy 2% cb of smart till LE to reach 4L. That is what I am doing.

@TechnoFino What is your opinion on this?
Do not apply for any other card, you can apply for SC ultimate if you have other credit card with minimum 4L limit.
you have ICICI Rubyx with 4L limit, go for ultimate directly.

nitrogenSingh

Do not apply for any other card, you can apply for SC ultimate if you have other credit card with minimum 4L limit.
If we have Hdfc regalia with 4L + limit, can we go for ultimate?
Also, do we need to go to branch for application?
Do they accept HDFC cards for c2c, i heards somewhere they only allow citi & hsbc cards for c2c, can you please guide?

If we have Hdfc regalia with 4L + limit, can we go for ultimate?
Also, do we need to go to branch for application?
Do they accept HDFC cards for c2c, i heards somewhere they only allow citi & hsbc cards for c2c, can you please guide?
they do accept HDFC bank card for c2c. but offline/branches might ask for income details as well.
you can try...

i

i can share my own experience have applied sc smart cc cause of FYF(offer running on sc website till 31st august 2022) and then apply ultimate if existing limit on sc crossed 4laksh or 5 lakhs , I'm self employed and it been a week or so in 2 week more or so will know whether it approved or declined , for sc you need to be on their employee limit other wise not possible for salaried people to apply directly , if you have a sc saving a/c then check with them

Yes, u should apply for smart card first as SCB is very strict about income criteria of Ultimate. Probability of getting 4L is very moderate only. However if you got nothing to lose, u can apply. Enjoy 2% cb of smart till LE to reach 4L. That is what I am doing.
did sc smart cc got approved instantly for you, are you salaried or self-employed?

Dexter

Thanks for the advice. Can I apply C2C online and should there be a minimum age of the card(age of the existing card) ?