• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Strange issue while paying online with Sapphiro Amex

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Facing a strange issue while paying online with Sapphiro Amex (addon card).

After clicking pay now instead of going to enter OTP screen, I am getting below error screen (tried Amazon and Swiggy). I haven't tried using the card in any EDC machine yet.

Called customer care first time a week back they said issue with payment gateway as there is no hit on bank's server. But I am always facing the same issue and not a single payment went through. So called customer care again day before yesterday. Same old story but I was adamant and did not give the executive any option to blame it on the payment gateway this time as screenshot clearly shows error page is from ICICI bank. Finally he offered to block the card and send a replacement FOC. The card arrived today and I just tried to make a payment on Amazon but even the new card is giving the same old problem. Yes, I have activated the card, set PIN, activated online transactions too.

Anyone got any idea what could be the issue here? Seems even customer care doesn't have a clue.

1712676597154.png

Update - 14-Apr-2024
After 3-4 rounds of mailing, received a call stating they found in backend there was no mobile number set for sending OTP which was causing the error. Asked me to try making a payment while she was on the call but as I was having my Sunday afternoon nap (and that too after a special Nabobarsho lunch) and was not interested. Tried today (15/4) morning but still facing same issue. Reset PIN again from app, cleared cache and cookies and tried again both on Amazon and Swiggy but still no luck. It's clear ICICI does not have a clue what's the issue here.

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
same in that case also, but after escalating to Ombudsman they confirmed its not active for some reason. Anyway, double check and proceed.
How do I double check? Called customer care, mailed too with same screenshot.

Set PIN from app, enabled transactions, what else can be done?

Today's guy was giving some BS like maybe because it's Amex it is not working on Amazon and Swiggy - like seriously? From where do they hire these kind of people? I didn't argue but to shut him up I just told him that the primary card is working.

helloworld

TF Legend
How do I double check? Called customer care, mailed too with same screenshot.

Set PIN from app, enabled transactions, what else can be done?

Today's guy was giving some BS like maybe because it's Amex it is not working on Amazon and Swiggy - like seriously? From where do they hire these kind of people? I didn't argue but to shut him up I just told him that the primary card is working.

set PIN from ATM or try to transact tap & Pay in nearby stores (offline method).