• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Spam Credit Card related calls.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
So I am facing an issue where I daily get atleast 2 calls from banks/agents regarding offering me credit cards EVERYDAY! It's getting annoying at this point since they don't have any good offers and I hold most banks credit cards that I require and I have to pickup these unknown calls thinking some might be important.
If y'all faced such similar issue and have some suggestions to block them please enlighten me and and the community. These calls are getting out of hand as it's Saturday today and I'm still getting stupid SBI bank calls.

I have activated DND and used DND 3.0 app to report such callers but it doesn't do anything good. I hope there's some better and effective way. As of truecaller, my data/wifi isn't always on and I don't get to know if it's a spam call. Also these callers are normal consumer type numbers which they have been given to spam so one might think it's not some company call.

akshayhs

TF Ace
The simplest way for me to make sure a call from an unrecognized number may be important is, if the same caller calls me more than twice during a 1hr period. All these agents are basically one-timers as far as I have observed. There's simply no other way for me to personally avoid these calls.

I do use Truecaller and it vastly helps filter out unwanted calls. But even then, it's not foolproof yet.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
The simplest way for me to make sure a call from an unrecognized number may be important is, if the same caller calls me more than twice during a 1hr period. All these agents are basically one-timers as far as I have observed. There's simply no other way for me to personally avoid these calls.

I do use Truecaller and it vastly helps filter out unwanted calls. But even then, it's not foolproof yet.
My Data isn't always on like I said. And they call during work hours when I really get annoyed. They're agents calling had it been banks something could be done. They have new numbers ever time so can't block too.
I'm really pissed. They don't even have to cents of brains as I already hold their card. All they care is getting applicants rest it's not their concern if you receive the card or your application is rejected and Cibil goes down the drain.

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Install truecaller. I also don't give importance to numbers not in my address book, depends on your profile. For me it works fine along with truecaller.

My Data isn't always on like I said. And they call during work hours when I really get annoyed. They're agents calling had it been banks something could be done. They have new numbers ever time so can't block too.
I'm really pissed. They don't even have to cents of brains as I already hold their card. All they care is getting applicants rest it's not their concern if you receive the card or your application is rejected and Cibil goes down the drain.
If you have google phone app as dialer app them go to settings then Caller ID and Spam and turn on Filter spam Calls. Might be helpful.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you have google phone app as dialer app them go to settings then Caller ID and Spam and turn on Filter spam Calls. Might be helpful.
Don't do this. I already suffered due to this stupid option. It blocks automatically calls from delivery agents (swiggy, zomato, bluedart etc. ) or some genuine numbers also.
One day one of my imp parcels was out for delivery and the agent kept trying my number for 3 days.

He was kind enough to call me via whatsapp as a last try.
I switched off this filter after that.

Don't do this. I already suffered due to this stupid option. It blocks automatically calls from delivery agents (swiggy, zomato, bluedart etc. ) or some genuine numbers also.
One day one of my imp parcels was out for delivery and the agent kept trying my number for 3 days.

He was kind enough to call me via whatsapp as a last try.
I switched off this filter after that.
Yes it block some geniune numbers also but may be because peoples have tagged them as spam and junk calls.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually things are so messed up these days, we have to accept these spam calls as part of our daily life. Atleast this will be the case for few years until some solution is reached. Our laws are weak, DND is of no use, data is sold like peanuts, TRAI is toothless.

One can't skip sharing phone number also as more and more services are delivered via phone only, where sharing phone no. is first requirements.

skyisthelimit

TF Select
One thing I noticed in case of SBI Card -
If you apply for this by offline mode, applicant's mobile no. is taken by fraudsters. By which way, I don't know.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
One thing I noticed in case of SBI Card -
If you apply for this by offline mode, applicant's mobile no. is taken by fraudsters. By which way, I don't know.
This has started happening now. My oldest card is SBI and I have always applied offline it never happened that SBI called and harassed to buy their products. It's just recent times and online applications. Also I have been so alert while sharing mobile numbers still this is the case. Don't know if I'd share it carelessly how many spams I'd get.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Actually things are so messed up these days, we have to accept these spam calls as part of our daily life. Atleast this will be the case for few years until some solution is reached. Our laws are weak, DND is of no use, data is sold like peanuts, TRAI is toothless.

One can't skip sharing phone number also as more and more services are delivered via phone only, where sharing phone no. is first requirements.
TRAI has set proper strict rules for DND however these shameless companies used private numbers and hire other company agents to sell their products(from the looks of it.). Since if you say you already have their cc they'll try to stick you other banks cc. They have a target just get customers.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Conclusion so far:

1. Ask them to remove your data(Which will never work😂).
2. Spoil their data set. (Say you're unemployed/lost job/student). I tried this they have my cibil and can see plethora of cards. Sad. Still this is the only method IMO.
3. Use Truecaller and don't enable block unknown numbers features.
4. Live with it :/

Edit: Since these agents work in Target based jobs. They have a daily caller list (For those who don't know.)
They have to daily make calls around 150-200. Every call which lasts longer than 10-15 seconds counts as a call made. Shorter calls are not counter like rejected calls. Try dropping or completing the conversation under 10-15 seconds.

Last edited:

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just search on goolge. Bank Name DND. For example HDFC DND. It will guide you to the DND registration page of the bank. This is painful as you have to do it for all the banks individually. This hasn’t completely stopped the calls but there is much relief now. I would recommend trying this.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Just search on goolge. Bank Name DND. For example HDFC DND. It will guide you to the DND registration page of the bank. This is painful as you have to do it for all the banks individually. This hasn’t completely stopped the calls but there is much relief now. I would recommend trying this.
I did this. Hoping it works. However like I said they're hiring others firms and their agents to make calls from private numbers so it's a loophole which they're exploiting.
They won't call you from their tollfree or +xx weird numbers.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did this. Hoping it works. However like I said they're hiring others firms and their agents to make calls from private numbers so it's a loophole which they're exploiting.
They won't call you from their tollfree or +xx weird numbers.
Yeah, the data is sold from almost all the points where you give your number. Even these agents who come for verification or even applying you card physically these buggers also sell data. It’s very difficult to completely stop this.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
From what I have seen is that the data is passed on to these agents by the Banks themselves
Like I got my SBI and HDFC CC online application not completed / rejected, so I started getting calls from many SBI & HDFC agents