• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Something new is on the way (Chat, Ask a question, Best Answer, etc)

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think the most powerful thing about this forum is the wealth of knowledge it holds; and everything is public, searchable / readable by all at their own convenience.

Moving to chats would silo this information. It's no longer easily searchable / readable by others looking for something similar (maybe later some day). Hope it's not going to be a large change to how everyone uses technofino.

Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1693999422893.png

@TechnoFino The timestamp is not readable in dark mode, maybe change the tile backgroud to dark grey so that white text in it is visible ?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think the most powerful thing about this forum is the wealth of knowledge it holds; and everything is public, searchable / readable by all at their own convenience.

Moving to chats would silo this information. It's no longer easily searchable / readable by others looking for a something similar (maybe later some day). Hope it's not going to be a large change to how everyone uses technofino.
True, but it can go both ways

In other scenario, people would just ask (repetitive) questions in chat instead of creating topics which would reduce the topic duplication drastically and new information would be present in topics.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Moving to chats would silo this information. It's no longer easily searchable / readable by others looking for a something similar (maybe later some day). Hope it's not going to be a large change to how everyone uses technofino.
I echo with this sentiment... Somehow I feel this Chat feature may fizzle out ... Sorry guys don't want to mean to be negative... Just my gut feel...
Don't ask me why because I don't know the reason.... Anyway all the best for trying something new...

Note: Basically I am kind of a Punter.. So I make calls.. ;) ;)
No-offence intended..

Last edited:

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Absolutely not, we are introducing chat features to address short and simple questions from our new members, this will help to keep our main thread section clean hopefully :)

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Absolutely not, we are introducing chat features to address short and simple questions from our new members, this will help to keep our main thread section clean hopefully :)
I know a lot of effort would have been put to implement this feature, but does it not do the same thing?

We have 3 major discussion areas: threads, groups, chats. All basic functionalities can be achieved by all 3 I believe (apart from polls I guess). I know one can say group can be created for secret discussions, but I see all the “hidden” tricks shared on groups are easily available on desidime or elsewhere.

Maybe I am missing something, but can you please explain what are the differences in 3 and the unique feature they provide?

Reactions: SSV

Trust Me

TF Ace
There must be some way to remove the persistent notification at the bottom of the screen that "You haven't joined any rooms", but I couldn't find it. Could someone help? Thanks.

This notification is redundant for me. Just the knowledge of how to join a chat room when needed is sufficient.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There must be some way to remove the persistent notification at the bottom of the screen that "You haven't joined any rooms", but I couldn't find it. Could someone help? Thanks.

This notification is redundant for me. Just the knowledge of how to join a chat room when needed is sufficient.
Just toggle the button besides Chat at bottom right corner