• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Some major updates on TF Community

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'd suggest allowing editing for a short duration, say 30-45 seconds after creating a post. No matter how much we have proof-read a post before submission, after submission, there's always an itch to improve something 😅
or allow users to delete comment and re write if they made a mistake or would like to edit !

prabanomics

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello TFCians,

After a thorough review, we have made some changes:

1. TF Neo (new members) cannot create new threads. They can only reply to existing threads. Once they reach TF Buzz status, they will be able to post new threads.
  2. TF Neo, TF Buzz, and TF Select members cannot edit their threads or posts anymore. This feature was being misused.
  3. Two additional ads will be displayed to guest visitors. There are no changes for all registered users.
We are continuously seeking suggestions to improve our community. Please leave your feedback, and we will definitely work on any improvements that can enhance the overall experience for all TF Community members.

Thank you,
Sumanta Mandal
Would it be possible to have a FAQ section for the most common questions.. Like the exclusion list we had for magnus recently.. This will reduce the repeat of questions..

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Sending out a welcome mailer with all important threads, community rules and how to effectively search the forum will be immensely helpful to avoid random questions from newbies.
Already There :)
@TechnoFino Feature suggestion - Also, I have seen many posts going viral and having hundreds and thousands of replies, which makes it practically impossible for anyone to navigate through. I suggest a feature wherein OP or mods can pin certain replies of immense importance which any users can filter on and view only those messages rather than scanning 100-1000 messages.
All the pinned messages can be viewed chronologically
I'll check this :)
I'd suggest allowing editing for a short duration, say 30-45 seconds after creating a post. No matter how much we have proof-read a post before submission, after submission, there's always an itch to improve something 😅
Suggestion taken and updated the rules :)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

kirtivardhan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello TFCians,

1. TF Neo (new members) cannot create new threads. They can only reply to existing threads. Once they reach TF Buzz status, they will be able to post new threads.
  2. TF Buzz members can only edit their own posts within 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, they will no longer be able to make any edits. TF Select members, on the other hand, have a 20-minute window to edit their own posts. TF Premier and ACE members have 30 minutes to edit their posts, while all higher-tier members enjoy unlimited editing time.
  3. Two additional ads will be displayed to guest visitors. There are no changes for all registered users.
We are continuously seeking suggestions to improve our community. Please leave your feedback, and we will definitely work on any improvements that can enhance the overall experience for all TF Community members.

Thank you,
Sumanta Mandal
I do not know the sort of workload on mods but since there was another post seeking new mods I presume it will be quite a bit. How about a setting up a form by which people can report/bring to the mods attention posts/threads which they feel require attention? That may help reduce some of the workload

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I do not know the sort of workload on mods but since there was another post seeking new mods I presume it will be quite a bit. How about a setting up a form by which people can report/bring to the mods attention posts/threads which they feel require attention? That may help reduce some of the workload
Its already present. Evey post and thread has a report button

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sending out a welcome mailer with all important threads, community rules and how to effectively search the forum will be immensely helpful to avoid random questions from newbies.

@TechnoFino Feature suggestion - Also, I have seen many posts going viral and having hundreds and thousands of replies, which makes it practically impossible for anyone to navigate through. I suggest a feature wherein OP or mods can pin certain replies of immense importance which any users can filter on and view only those messages rather than scanning 100-1000 messages.
All the pinned messages can be viewed chronologically
This is a great suggestion. There are many thread where the actual information gets missed out

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One additional minor suggestion. Please restrict one or two word replies like ok, thanks. Just add Thanks 🙏 or just the existing like is enough.

For TF buzz, allow them to create threads but keep it private to visible only to mods. If it is unique thread move it to relevant section and make public.

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello TFCians,

2. TF Buzz members can only edit their own posts within 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, they will no longer be able to make any edits. TF Select members, on the other hand, have a 20-minute window to edit their own posts. TF Premier and ACE members have 30 minutes to edit their posts, while all higher-tier members enjoy unlimited editing time.

Thank you,
Sumanta Mandal
Nice, this will reduce the unnecessary new threads. But actually i didn't get the rationale behind restricting edit times. Can you please give the reason behind or point me to where it has been discussed previously?

I am asking this because not all threads are questionnaire but also some are informative. So restricting editing may make the post obsolete and anyone searching for it may find an outdated or wrong answer. If we had edit option, then whenever possible we can edit the post and keep it relevant.

Last edited:

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Nice, this will reduce the unnecessary new threads. But actually i didn't get the rationale behind restricting edit times. Can you please give the reason behind or point me to where it has been discussed previously?

I am asking this because not all threads are questionnaire but also some are informative. So restricting editing may make the post obsolete and anyone searching for it may find an outdated or wrong answer. If we had edit option, then whenever possible we can edit the post and keep it relevant.
You have a valid point, and I agree with you. I will enable the edit option. The reason behind disabling it previously was that some individuals were abusing the feature by editing their thread posts and adding a dot or random message after a few days. This behavior negatively affected the overall context of the thread, making it difficult to understand. However, going forward, we will add a guideline (@bhavyegoel please add this). If someone edits their thread and simply writes a dot or a random message after a few days of posting the thread, they will receive a warning. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.