• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Some major updates on TF Community

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello TFCians,

After a thorough review, we have made some changes:

1. TF Neo (new members) cannot create new threads. They can only reply to existing threads. Once they reach TF Buzz status, they will be able to post new threads.
  2. Two additional ads will be displayed to guest visitors. There are no changes for all registered users.
We are continuously seeking suggestions to improve our community. Please leave your feedback, and we will definitely work on any improvements that can enhance the overall experience for all TF Community members.

Thank you,
Sumanta Mandal

Last edited:

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any update on the fix for notifications sent for the request to join the group being sent to the non-owners of the group?

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i feel it will be wise to create a section for all newbies to write and create threads regarding there queries [taking the write to create threads only to reach a level will increase the spamming by commenting in other threads]
Most of the times people join when they are in problems or unable to understand anything what to do next
Here in forums mostly someone expert is active and he can answer them in the newbie thread/section and once resolved thread can be moved to bin
Regarding searching forums people do that via google and they only join in hope of getting there problems solved thats what the point of whole community

Thats only my opinion !

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Much awaited. Thanks! I have a few suggestions. It would be nice if there was a cap on how many threads a person can create/unit time(day, week or month). I feel many people still go ahead and post duplicate threads even after receiving prompts while typing in the title. All this is because they know there's no consequence to not following guidelines. Maybe it is a stupid suggestion, but could we introduce an option to downgrade users who aren't aligned with the general guidelines of our community?

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
i feel it will be wise to create a section for all newbies to write and create threads regarding there queries [taking the write to create threads only to reach a level will increase the spamming by commenting in other threads]
Most of the times people join when they are in problems or unable to understand anything what to do next
Here in forums mostly someone expert is active and he can answer them in the newbie thread/section and once resolved thread can be moved to bin
Regarding searching forums people do that via google and they only join in hope of getting there problems solved thats what the point of whole community

Thats only my opinion !
I understand the suggestion of creating a separate section for newbies to post their queries. However, I believe it may lead to increased spamming and unnecessary thread creation. Forums are designed for interaction between newcomers and experts, and keeping all threads together allows for active engagement and accessible solutions. Additionally, categorizing solutions in existing threads builds a comprehensive knowledge base. Therefore, maintaining a single forum section benefits the community more efficiently.

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Much awaited. Thanks! I have a few suggestions. It would be nice if there was a cap on how many threads a person can open/unit time(day, week or month). I feel many people still go ahead and post duplicate threads even after receiving prompts while typing in the title. All this is because they know there's no consequence to not following guidelines. Maybe it is a stupid suggestion, but could we introduce an option to downgrade users who aren't aligned with the general guidelines of our community?
I feel thats whats the job of the moderator is to lock already posted threads and give appropriate link to be directed to the existing thread [revive thread and continue moderation of thread]

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I understand the suggestion of creating a separate section for newbies to post their queries. However, I believe it may lead to increased spamming and unnecessary thread creation. Forums are designed for interaction between newcomers and experts, and keeping all threads together allows for active engagement and accessible solutions. Additionally, categorizing solutions in existing threads builds a comprehensive knowledge base. Therefore, maintaining a single forum section benefits the community more efficiently.
one section for newbies to spam is ok rather than every thread with meaning less comments just to get out of there ranking system
i have seen threads in community with 80-90 pages even do you feel a newbie will go through it?
again my opinion only

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
one section for newbies to spam is ok rather than every thread with meaning less comments just to get out of there ranking system
i have seen threads in community with 80-90 pages even do you feel a newbie will go through it?
again my opinion only
This approach would encourage them to utilize the search function more frequently.

@vaibhav111 is also here, 😂 so you can ask him directly. There are multiple threads being opened, and on top of that, questions are being asked repeatedly in different threads too about the same 😂

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This approach would encourage them to utilize the search function more frequently.

@vaibhav111 is also here, 😂 so you can ask him directly. There are multiple threads being opened, and on top of that, questions are being asked repeatedly in different threads too about the same 😂
thats why we need more mods to close the newly opened threads give appropriate link to be directed to the existing thread :)

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
again my opinion only
But the question is who will go to newbies section and answer their queries. It would be a waste section and an unnecessary load on server.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Indeed, it would be beneficial to have additional moderators. However, we should also consider reducing their workload. Consolidating questions within a single thread would greatly simplify moderation efforts.
Sending out a welcome mailer with all important threads, community rules and how to effectively search the forum will be immensely helpful to avoid random questions from newbies.

@TechnoFino Feature suggestion - Also, I have seen many posts going viral and having hundreds and thousands of replies, which makes it practically impossible for anyone to navigate through. I suggest a feature wherein OP or mods can pin certain replies of immense importance which any users can filter on and view only those messages rather than scanning 100-1000 messages.
All the pinned messages can be viewed chronologically