• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have not received Smartbuy Cashback.

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,
I am having HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
On 31st March, I spent ₹15k on Amazon through Smartbuy. On 1st of April, I again spent ₹900 on Amazon through Smartbuy.

I have received the 5% cashback for the 1st April transaction but not for the 31st March.

When I checked the merchant name in my SMS, I saw that for the 31st March (₹15k) transaction merchant name is AMAZON and for 1st April it is AMAZSMARTBUY.

Is it because of the merchant name that I have not received the cashback?
If so, what can I do now?

prc1990

TF Ace
Hello Everyone,
I am having HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
On 31st March, I spent ₹15k on Amazon through Smartbuy. On 1st of April, I again spent ₹900 on Amazon through Smartbuy.

I have received the 5% cashback for the 1st April transaction but not for the 31st March.

When I checked the merchant name in my SMS, I saw that for the 31st March (₹15k) transaction merchant name is AMAZON and for 1st April it is AMAZSMARTBUY.

Is it because of the merchant name that I have not received the cashback?
If so, what can I do now?
The probable reason is (as per the merchant name you stated) the transaction done on 31st March, was not tracked somehow.

cherryj1988

TF Select
For smartbuy cashback, you need to go to amazon or whatever site from the affiliate link on the smartbuy page.
One you go the page, you hold something called a session which is tracked by smartbuy. If you do the purchase within that session, it gets counted by smartbuy --> smartbuy gets their commission from amazon --> You get your cashback from smartbuy.

The problem is if in anyway that session is broken. Maybe you were in the amazon page for too long; Maybe u had another tab with amazon open already; Maybe something changed on ur internet connection before u went to payment page etc.
For any of these or maybe other options, your session can break and a new session gets created for which smartbuy wont get a comission and you wont get ur cashback.

The easiest way to track this is before paying the CC bill on the OTP screen, make sure the vendor you see is AMAZSMARTBUY. Otherwise, you wont get ur cashback.

PS: Be happy you can track it this way for Smartbuy transactions BEFORE making the payment. For axis grabdeals transactions which work in a similar way, you wont know until 3-4 days later when they send u a sms stating whether the transaction was captured or not.
Also, for ur case specifically, your session clearly broke in between. Smartbuy wont get their commision for ur 15k purchase which means they wont give ur cashback either. Peace.

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For smartbuy cashback, you need to go to amazon or whatever site from the affiliate link on the smartbuy page.
One you go the page, you hold something called a session which is tracked by smartbuy. If you do the purchase within that session, it gets counted by smartbuy --> smartbuy gets their commission from amazon --> You get your cashback from smartbuy.

The problem is if in anyway that session is broken. Maybe you were in the amazon page for too long; Maybe u had another tab with amazon open already; Maybe something changed on ur internet connection before u went to payment page etc.
For any of these or maybe other options, your session can break and a new session gets created for which smartbuy wont get a comission and you wont get ur cashback.

The easiest way to track this is before paying the CC bill on the OTP screen, make sure the vendor you see is AMAZSMARTBUY. Otherwise, you wont get ur cashback.

PS: Be happy you can track it this way for Smartbuy transactions BEFORE making the payment. For axis grabdeals transactions which work in a similar way, you wont know until 3-4 days later when they send u a sms stating whether the transaction was captured or not.
Also, for ur case specifically, your session clearly broke in between. Smartbuy wont get their commision for ur 15k purchase which means they wont give ur cashback either. Peace.
Hey, thanks for so much information. Appreciated 👍
Just want to know what other vendor names are associated with Smartbuy for different sites that we need to verify before the payment. Like it's AMAZSMARTBUY for Amazon. For Flipkart and others?

cherryj1988

TF Select
Hey, thanks for so much information. Appreciated 👍
Just want to know what other vendor names are associated with Smartbuy for different sites that we need to verify before the payment. Like it's AMAZSMARTBUY for Amazon. For Flipkart and others?
Good question actually but i've not used smartbuy with anything else. So dont really have the answer for that but im assuming it has smartbuy somewhere in the name. Cant guarentee though , maybe someone else who's used can confirm

MrMonkey

TF Buzz
Don't worry, since the txn is not settled in same month, you will get cashback bit late. Wait for around 1month, you will get the Cashback for sure since the merchant name has Smartbuy.

PS: I was in same exact situation in Jan 2022

mukundstud

TF Premier
Yes, but if the merchant shown was AMAZSMARTBUY then I would get 5% from millennia and 5% from smartbuy, that makes it 10%
But now I will get only 5% from millennia
No. We will not get 10% cashback according to the revamped rewards structure of HDFC Millennia CC. Have a look at this:

On the 2nd page of the doc, its clearly mentioned that any smartbuy spend(including the 10 preferred merchants) will give only 1% cashpoint on the transaction value. So net reward rate on Amazon spends through Smartbuy will be 5%+1%=6% and NOT 10%

Do NOT use your Millennia card on Flipkart through Smartbuy. The reward rate will only be 1%+1%=2%. Better to spend your card directly on Flipkart, which will give 5% cashpoints.

UPDATE: I tried to verify the value back we get by ordering through Smartbuy and Millennia on Amazon. Though it is written in TnC of Millennia CC that we get 6% value back(5% cashback+1% cashpoints) by paying for Amazon on Smartbuy Platform, I actually got 10% value back(5% cashback+5% cashpoints) on this type of transaction. I don't know whether it is a loophole, waiting to be fixed by HDFC, or it is intentional.

Last edited:

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
No. We will not get 10% cashback according to the revamped rewards structure of HDFC Millennia CC. Have a look at this:

On the 2nd page of the doc, its clearly mentioned that any smartbuy spend(including the 10 preferred merchants) will give only 1% cashpoint on the transaction value. So net reward rate on Amazon spends through Smartbuy will be 5%+1%=6% and NOT 10%

Do NOT use your Millennia card on Flipkart through Smartbuy. The reward rate will only be 1%+1%=2%. Better to spend your card directly on Flipkart, which will give 5% cashpoints.
Are you talking about this point?

"A cardholder will be eligible for 1% CashPoints as per product feature if he/she does a transaction through SmartBuy/PayZapp which includes transaction from 10 online merchants also. All other existing SmartBuy/PayZapp offers will be applicable as per SmartBuy/PayZapp Terms & Conditions"

I think this is wrong as I have already received 5% cashback from smartbuy for my ₹900 transaction on April 1st. The other 5% from millennia i will get when my cc bill is generated

I am pretty sure 5%+5% is still there in millennia if done through smartbuy

Last edited:

mukundstud

TF Premier
Are you talking about this point?

"A cardholder will be eligible for 1% CashPoints as per product feature if he/she does a transaction through SmartBuy/PayZapp which includes transaction from 10 online merchants also. All other existing SmartBuy/PayZapp offers will be applicable as per SmartBuy/PayZapp Terms & Conditions"

I think this is wrong as I have already received 5% cashback from smartbuy for my ₹900 transaction on April 1st. The other 5% from millennia i will get when my cc bill is generated

I am pretty sure 5%+5% is still there in millennia if done through smartbuy
I have done a transaction on Amazon through smartbuy this month. I will confirm this next month, after I get cashback and cash points.

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have done a transaction on Amazon through smartbuy this month. I will confirm this next month, after I get cashback and cash points.
What was the merchant name while entering the OTP. If you did not notice it, you can check your SMS. Was it AMAZON or AMAZSMARTBUY?

If you don't have the SMS, check here
Is it showing as 'Amazon' or 'Amazon via Smartbuy'