• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have not received Smartbuy Cashback.

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,
I am having HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
On 31st March, I spent ₹15k on Amazon through Smartbuy. On 1st of April, I again spent ₹900 on Amazon through Smartbuy.

I have received the 5% cashback for the 1st April transaction but not for the 31st March.

When I checked the merchant name in my SMS, I saw that for the 31st March (₹15k) transaction merchant name is AMAZON and for 1st April it is AMAZSMARTBUY.

Is it because of the merchant name that I have not received the cashback?
If so, what can I do now?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I can confirm same, I have had two big amazon transaction and one small, one of which was returned, but smaller one came through smartbuy and other was only tracked to amazon. I see now that the "session could be broken", so will keep this in mind.

By the way, for the smaller one and other returned product I got 5%+5%, not 5%+1%. New statement is yet to be received, so points on millennia haven't reflected its 5% but smart buy cashback was there in transactions.

Vasu

TF Neo
VIP Lounge
For smartbuy cashback, you need to go to amazon or whatever site from the affiliate link on the smartbuy page.
One you go the page, you hold something called a session which is tracked by smartbuy. If you do the purchase within that session, it gets counted by smartbuy --> smartbuy gets their commission from amazon --> You get your cashback from smartbuy.

The problem is if in anyway that session is broken. Maybe you were in the amazon page for too long; Maybe u had another tab with amazon open already; Maybe something changed on ur internet connection before u went to payment page etc.
For any of these or maybe other options, your session can break and a new session gets created for which smartbuy wont get a comission and you wont get ur cashback.

The easiest way to track this is before paying the CC bill on the OTP screen, make sure the vendor you see is AMAZSMARTBUY. Otherwise, you wont get ur cashback.

PS: Be happy you can track it this way for Smartbuy transactions BEFORE making the payment. For axis grabdeals transactions which work in a similar way, you wont know until 3-4 days later when they send u a sms stating whether the transaction was captured or not.
Also, for ur case specifically, your session clearly broke in between. Smartbuy wont get their commision for ur 15k purchase which means they wont give ur cashback either. Peace.
Does similar merchant name show for Flipkart also on OTP page? May be like FLPKRTSMARTBUY?

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I’m trying to buy from Amazon today but payment otp page shows AMAZON instead of AMAZSMARTBUY
I tried many times , cleared cookies and all but it’s still the same

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I’m trying to buy from Amazon today but payment otp page shows AMAZON instead of AMAZSMARTBUY
I tried many times , cleared cookies and all but it’s still the same
You have to clear your cart and start with empty cart when you are redirected by smartbuy. Then use the search bar in Amazon to search your items, add them to the cart and then checkout.

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You have to clear your cart and start with empty cart when you are redirected by smartbuy. Then use the search bar in Amazon to search your items, add them to the cart and then checkout.
I tried 5 times , did everything, but still it’s showing AMAZON
Even used another device

Akash Topder

TF Premier
No. We will not get 10% cashback according to the revamped rewards structure of HDFC Millennia CC. Have a look at this:

On the 2nd page of the doc, its clearly mentioned that any smartbuy spend(including the 10 preferred merchants) will give only 1% cashpoint on the transaction value. So net reward rate on Amazon spends through Smartbuy will be 5%+1%=6% and NOT 10%

Do NOT use your Millennia card on Flipkart through Smartbuy. The reward rate will only be 1%+1%=2%. Better to spend your card directly on Flipkart, which will give 5% cashpoints.

UPDATE: I tried to verify the value back we get by ordering through Smartbuy and Millennia on Amazon. Though it is written in TnC of Millennia CC that we get 6% value back(5% cashback+1% cashpoints) by paying for Amazon on Smartbuy Platform, I actually got 10% value back(5% cashback+5% cashpoints) on this type of transaction. I don't know whether it is a loophole, waiting to be fixed by HDFC, or it is intentional.
Are you sure about the flipkart 1%+1%=2% one?

mukundstud

TF Premier
Are you sure about the flipkart 1%+1%=2% one?
Not sure. Claiming this based on the official document link I shared in the post. I do not shop on Flipkart much(except electronics items) so have not tried it on Smartbuy. But based on my experience on Amazon Shopping through smartbuy(which yielded 5%+5%=10% at that time), it is possible that Flipkart could yield(5%+1%=6%). But I am not sure if this glitch has been fixed by HDFC or not. Better to try with a small purchase first, look at the value back you are are getting, then go for regular purchase through smartbuy.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Not sure. Claiming this based on the official document link I shared in the post. I do not shop on Flipkart much(except electronics items) so have not tried it on Smartbuy. But based on my experience on Amazon Shopping through smartbuy(which yielded 5%+5%=10% at that time), it is possible that Flipkart could yield(5%+1%=6%). But I am not sure if this glitch has been fixed by HDFC or not. Better to try with a small purchase first, look at the value back you are are getting, then go for regular purchase through smartbuy.
If that 2% is correct then it could be beneficial in high value transactions on Flipkart. I have purchased a laptop of 70k from flipkart through smartbuy (haven't received CB as of now) so if I get 1% from Millennia which is 700 + 1% from smartbuy which is 700 = 1400 cashback but if I used Millennia directly on FK then I would've gotten 5% but it has a capping of 1000 so max CB would've been 1000.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
If that 2% is correct then it could be beneficial in high value transactions on Flipkart. I have purchased a laptop of 70k from flipkart through smartbuy (haven't received CB as of now) so if I get 1% from Millennia which is 700 + 1% from smartbuy which is 700 = 1400 cashback but if I used Millennia directly on FK then I would've gotten 5% but it has a capping of 1000 so max CB would've been 1000.
Millennia I think on FK also gives 5% in form of reward points, check after 30th of the month you bought the laptop in. Also, as per what I know its actually 3% for smartbuy in form of cashback, I have never used FK though since I also have Axis FK card, but overall I think you should get 5% capped at 1k and another 3% capped (not sure how much on that).

Both these are not valid on EMI transaction.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Millennia I think on FK also gives 5% in form of reward points, check after 30th of the month you bought the laptop in. Also, as per what I know its actually 3% for smartbuy in form of cashback, I have never used FK though since I also have Axis FK card, but overall I think you should get 5% capped at 1k and another 3% capped (not sure how much on that).

Both these are not valid on EMI transaction.
Received the smartbuy CB and it's 1%. I'll update this thread once I got Millennia CB next month. Let's see if it's 5% or 1%.