• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Smart buy IRCTC Booking issues using DCB

Jeevankishor

TF Buzz
Recently i booked train tickets in IRCTC via smartbuy, i selected passenger derails from saved list. After booking the tickets i see the ticket was booked for different passenger which it picked from saved list rather than my selection (only name of the passenger was changed). Now i have no other option than cancelling the tickets. Its really frustrating to see such a bug with hdfc. Did any one faced similar issues in smartbuy??

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Recently i booked train tickets in IRCTC via smartbuy, i selected passenger derails from saved list. After booking the tickets i see the ticket was booked for different passenger which it picked from saved list rather than my selection (only name of the passenger was changed). Now i have no other option than cancelling the tickets. Its really frustrating to see such a bug with hdfc. Did any one faced similar issues in smartbuy??
thanks for flagging. i will make sure that i don't save any names from now on!

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Name and gender isn’t matching not sure our TT is smart enough to sense tat 😛
Ohh... Gender is different then it can be a issue... U get can get it rectified instead of cancellation.... U can visit the boarding station.... Write a application and attach id of the traveller.... And get it signed by station master... Then submit it to cheif booking officer... He/she will be sitting in office where the reservation tickets are booked offline on that station....

Or use that old ticketless trick... When tt comes nearby go to washroom... And wait till he/she goes... Since one passenger is present... He/she will check the entire pnr.....

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
May I ask did you add/remove passenger from saved list more than one time and then finalise the passenger list while booking ticket?
I have booked a ticket a month back or so and didn't faced issue.

Ohh... Gender is different then it can be a issue... U get can get it rectified instead of cancellation.... U can visit the boarding station.... Write a application and attach id of the traveller.... And get it signed by station master... Then submit it to cheif booking officer... He/she will be sitting in office where the reservation tickets are booked offline on that station....

Or use that old ticketless trick... When tt comes nearby go to washroom... And wait till he/she goes... Since one passenger is present... He/she will check the entire pnr.....
It is little difficult to do so. Passenger should provide valid ID proof that new passenger is his relative. And he who booked ticket can not do anything if it is a single ticket. As far as I know, only the passenger whose name is in the ticket can raise a request to change passenger and submit valid ID proof