• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I opt for SC Card ?

AsB

TF Ace
While submitting my docs at my office (new company) , an SC executive ran towards me and told me to apply for a card. He said that approval rate was very high (as of 22 June 2022). I told him that I would share the documents only after I reach home and learn a little bit more about the card. Also, I told him that I will l share documents only in the official mail, and not through whatsapp.
He shared his email id, but also told that there was no need, and that I can apply online, but I can put his employee id.

So, I re-searched a bit. In fact, I found that SCB has highest fraud Transaction disputes even higher than Indian counter parts. Also, SCB Card's customer service is pathetic compared to even SBI or Axis.

So, is this true or false? Should I go for SCB Card ?

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
While submitting my docs at my office (new company) , an SC executive ran towards me and told me to apply for a card. He said that approval rate was very high (as of 22 June 2022). I told him that I would share the documents only after I reach home and learn a little bit more about the card. Also, I told him that I will l share documents only in the official mail, and not through whatsapp.
He shared his email id, but also told that there was no need, and that I can apply online, but I can put his employee id.

So, I re-searched a bit. In fact, I found that SCB has highest fraud Transaction disputes even higher than Indian counter parts. Also, SCB Card's customer service is pathetic compared to even SBI or Axis.

Sometimes Google doesn't give correct information.
Although I don't hold anything with SCB but have a relationship with Citi for last 10 years.

I have never seen such a outstanding Customer Care for any of the banking institution in India.
I don't how come you came to know about this information but being a Foreign bank Citi, HSBC & StanC have excellent infrastructure which prevents the frauds, but still if you have doubts, don't take.

AsB

TF Ace
Sometimes Google doesn't give correct information.
Although I don't hold anything with SCB but have a relationship with Citi for last 10 years.

I have never seen such a outstanding Customer Care for any of the banking institution in India.
I don't how come you came to know about this information but being a Foreign bank Citi, HSBC & StanC have excellent infrastructure which prevents the frauds, but still if you have doubts, don't take.
I know about Citi Cards. Had they not been closing, I would have opted one of theirs.
Also, even though Axis claims that the customer service would be as much as it used to , I dont think am certain that they will be unable to provide it. Otherwise, I would have taken a Citi card right away.

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
What about Platinum Rewards ? Will they consider converting it to LTF? I just want to hold one of their cards for now. I will go up the ladder to SC Ultimate eventually.

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What are the annual charges for Manhatten card?
Rs. 999. Reversed on spends over 1.2L annually (but after asking them).

Have managed to get it reversed during two of the three years I have been holding it. This year I forgot to mail them, and after a couple of months decided not to request.

Reactions: AsB

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family

I have been holding SC Platinum since last 2 years and never came across any transaction related issues. In fact I found them more proactive in detecting the fraudulent transaction.

After receiving the card, I tried registering it on Cred, since cred does a 2Rs. credit and debit transaction back to back. SCB's fraudulent detection system picked it up as a suspicious transaction and immediately triggered the alerts. Their CC executive took pain to call me 11PM in night to confirm if that transaction was actually triggered by me or not.

When it comes to their customer care, I have mixed bag of feelings as few executives were prompt and courteous to resolve my issues while others are dumber than a box of rocks.

Also, SCB is penny pincher (at least on SCB Platinum) when it comes to providing offers to its customers. Their rewards catalog is filled with useless stuff and except Croma vouchers I didn't find anything else very useful.

Gautham

TF Premier
I have been holding SC Platinum since last 2 years and never came across any transaction related issues. In fact I found them more proactive in detecting the fraudulent transaction.

After receiving the card, I tried registering it on Cred, since cred does a 2Rs. credit and debit transaction back to back. SCB's fraudulent detection system picked it up as a suspicious transaction and immediately triggered the alerts. Their CC executive took pain to call me 11PM in night to confirm if that transaction was actually triggered by me or not.

When it comes to their customer care, I have mixed bag of feelings as few executives were prompt and courteous to resolve my issues while others are dumber than a box of rocks.

Also, SCB is penny pincher (at least on SCB Platinum) when it comes to providing offers to its customers. Their rewards catalog is filled with useless stuff and except Croma vouchers I didn't find anything else very useful.
what is your current limit and did u get any auto LE in the last 2 years?