• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I apply for a new credit card or not?

sidmal

TF Select
Hi all,

I have 5 credit cards but I dont have any Rupay variant. I want to apply for one but the problem is related to number of enquiries in my CIBIL report.

My credit profile is almost 4 years old and I have 14 enquiries till date. Out of those 14, 13 are in the last 3 months alone - 8 in October, 4 in November and 1 in December. I feel if I apply for a new credit card now, there is a high chance of it getting rejected due to ths reason.

What would you suggest -
  1. Apply for the new credit card now
  2. Wait another month or two before applying

Thanks

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well that was quick. Went through the link you sent. Applied online. Got an error. Clicked retry. Application submitted. Video KYC completed. Now waiting for approval of the card. Thank you for your help.
You will get your virtual card within one hour and physical card on Monday or Tuesday..
Enjoy.. limit may be 1.5 L may be even more

sidmal

TF Select
I already told you.. how much is the limit?
You will receive your physical card Monday of you reside in a Metro
What an interesting 1 hour. Posted here thinking will apply after a couple of months but then thanks to you, applied for a card and application approved.

Since I’ve already thrown caution to the wind, let me ask you 1 more thing.

Got my Amex MRCC in the first week of November 23. When can I apply for an Amex Gold Card?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What an interesting 1 hour. Posted here thinking will apply after a couple of months but then thanks to you, applied for a card and application approved.

Since I’ve already thrown caution to the wind, let me ask you 1 more thing.

Got my Amex MRCC in the first week of November 23. When can I apply for an Amex Gold Card?
Now . .

You can use my referral if you want to ;)
But no chocolates !! for using my referral…

Last edited: