• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I apply for a new credit card or not?

sidmal

TF Select
Hi all,

I have 5 credit cards but I dont have any Rupay variant. I want to apply for one but the problem is related to number of enquiries in my CIBIL report.

My credit profile is almost 4 years old and I have 14 enquiries till date. Out of those 14, 13 are in the last 3 months alone - 8 in October, 4 in November and 1 in December. I feel if I apply for a new credit card now, there is a high chance of it getting rejected due to ths reason.

What would you suggest -
  1. Apply for the new credit card now
  2. Wait another month or two before applying

Thanks

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I have 5 credit cards but I dont have any Rupay variant. I want to apply for one but the problem is related to number of enquiries in my CIBIL report.

My credit profile is almost 4 years old and I have 14 enquiries till date. Out of those 14, 13 are in the last 3 months alone - 8 in October, 4 in November and 1 in December. I feel if I apply for a new credit card now, there is a high chance of it getting rejected due to ths reason.

What would you suggest -

Thanks
Which Rupay CC you want to get ?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hi all,

What would you suggest -

Thanks
Which cards you currently have? Maybe if Rupay variant of your current card already exists, you can convert from existing network without additional cibil hit.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
From what I gathered from the forums, the Tata Neucard Rupay variant seems to offer the best returns (maybe). I have the Visa variant of this card. So was looking at other options like the Kotak League Rupay or the ones from Bank of Baroda or PNB ones.
If you apply now for Kotak league you would instantly get it ..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
From what I gathered from the forums, the Tata Neucard Rupay variant seems to offer the best returns (maybe). I have the Visa variant of this card. So was looking at other options like the Kotak League Rupay or the ones from Bank of Baroda or PNB ones.
You can apply now for your Kotak league card and can thank me later..
This no of enquiries is over rated..
You already have history of 4 years..

Best wishes

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
You can apply now for your Kotak league card and can thank me later..
This no of enquiries is over rated..
You already have history of 4 years..

Best wishes

Existing card holder can get second card ?