• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

atulay

TF Buzz
No update. I have replied to the email quoting their response where they accepted to restore.

But for some reason they did hot my cibil. I will wait till tomorrow morning and post update here
Limits of both my OLA SBI & SBI Cashback were slashed to Rs. 55000 each.
I raised a ticket in which they declined to restore the credit limit.
But when I checked 2 days back, the limits had been restored to 84000 (OLA SBI) & 2.84 Lakhs (SBI Cashback).

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI cards management says they've taken corrective action as they're facing delinquencies with the 2019 cohort. This explains the massive reduction in credit limit. What is not known if those who received their cards before or after 2019 are facing limit reduction issue.

R0H17

TF Select
SBI cards management says they've taken corrective action as they're facing delinquencies with the 2019 cohort. This explains the massive reduction in credit limit. What is not known if those who received their cards before or after 2019 are facing limit reduction issue.
Probably after 2019?
All my 3 SBIC cards are after 2019 and my limit were reduced to 88k for each card.

Gorillaz

TF Select
I dropped an email requesting for the increase in credit limit basis my cibil and income but they are still rejecting it by sending the copy pasted replies.

The limit of my CB card was reduced from 1.74L to 55k. When I reached out to the customer care they told me to attach my latest ITR and last 3 month bank statement, I wrote a mail and attached both the documents and they replied with this. Does anyone has an idea where it'll lead to?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_185626_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_185626_Gmail.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 79

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
The limit of my CB card was reduced from 1.74L to 55k. When I reached out to the customer care they told me to attach my latest ITR and last 3 month bank statement, I wrote a mail and attached both the documents and they replied with this. Does anyone has an idea where it'll lead to?
Which part didn't you understand? It's quite clear that the limit was reduced due to a technical glitch, and it will be restored soon.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I escalated my matter to the Nodal officer and told if nothing can be done, I will have no choice except for to close down my card. Surprisingly, without my consent, stupid people tried to close my card. 🤣🤣🤣 luckily there was some amount outstanding so they couldn't go ahead. Man, these people are absolutely bonkers!!

Screenshot_20230805_221614_Gmail.jpg
Galti Kiya bhai lunch k baad mail daalna tha pehele Daal diya isiliye gussa ho gya ye one of the most reputed international bank

D

Deleted member 16965

Is the technical glitch for all customer or for some customer?
Credit limit decrease was targeted for a few customers only but SBI has reduced credit limits for many may be due to some kind of error at their end. SBI will restore credit limits for only those who were affected by this error and rest will have to continue using their card with reduced credit limits.

Sanskar

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Credit limit decrease was targeted for a few customers only but SBI has reduced credit limits for many may be due to some kind of error at their end. SBI will restore credit limits for only those who were affected by this error and rest will have to continue using their card with reduced credit limits.
And how can I know that my limit decreased by error?