• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

yolofino

TF Premier
Received the news late. Just checked in the portal and after comparing to my 1 month old CIBIL data, SBI has reduced the limit on my Simplyclick card from 58,000 to 40,000. The limit on the IRCTC Rupay card is intact.

Which part didn't you understand? It's quite clear that the limit was reduced due to a technical glitch, and it will be restored soon.
It's been over 10 days now, I don't know if they mean it or just saying it for the heck of it. Although I doubt they'd convey that in writing but it seems like a vaguely written statement.

rteja26

TF Buzz
My ticket to restore the limit has also been closed with "Declined" status.

Now, everytime I would have to make a big purchase, need to load my card over the limit and spend. Looks like I'll be using credit balance refund feature more than often.
Can this be done?

I tried doing but some error came that it is more than your monthly spending limit.

tushu5121

TF Premier
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways
Hey bro.
Saw same with my Card just 3 months ago my limit got increased 68 to 1.45L by sending ITR to them but now i saw my limit is now my card limit decreased to 45K i was shocked and called SBI care they said.
IT is our internal policy..
I never never thought this will happen with me
Even my credit history is clean 100% repayment and now debt also less than before.

This chindigiri can do only SBI.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Can this be done?

I tried doing but some error came that it is more than your monthly spending limit.
this was told to me by one of SBI's supervisor. I have not tried it, but was under the impression that I could use this trick. Could it be that we need to activate over limit facility and then load and overspend?

I would confirm this with SBI customer care first (on a recorded line) and then perform this stunt.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Hey bro.
Saw same with my Card just 3 months ago my limit got increased 68 to 1.45L by sending ITR to them but now i saw my limit is now my card limit decreased to 45K i was shocked and called SBI care they said.
IT is our internal policy..
I never never thought this will happen with me
Even my credit history is clean 100% repayment and now debt also less than before.

This chindigiri can do only SBI.
haha, SBI se chutiya bank aajtak nahi dekha maine. kuch ki limit increase kardi and kuch ki decrease. kaise business model per chalte h ye bhagwan jane.

inko m "risky" customer laga. paytm per flights se jyada kuch book nahi kiya maine. inko ye chiz samjhane jao to ye itne stubborn h, sunne se pehle card closure khudhi process kar dete h.

man kar Raha inke gurgaon headquarters jakr de rehpat, de rehpat dhardu inke decision making team ko

gangs-of-wassepur.gif

tushu5121

TF Premier
Y
haha, SBI se chutiya bank aajtak nahi dekha maine. kuch ki limit increase kardi and kuch ki decrease. kaise business model per chalte h ye bhagwan jane.

inko m "risky" customer laga. paytm per flights se jyada kuch book nahi kiya maine. inko ye chiz samjhane jao to ye itne stubborn h, sunne se pehle card closure khudhi process kar dete h.

man kar Raha inke gurgaon headquarters jakr de rehpat, de rehpat dhardu inke decision making team ko

Yes they are most chutiya bank.
MY Uses of cc was on shopping online Rail ticjets and flights tickets and bill payment. And earlier i have some debt but in 3 months i cleared my 60% Debt that highlights in my cibil also but still.. legend sbi. Lunch ke bad ana

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBIcard is increasing card issue, but they are seeing pressure on NPA. This is from Jun 2023 investor presentation. Their Gross NPA increased 17 bps and Net NPA increased 9 bps and it will drive up the risk. This limit reduction is probably to mitigate the NPA risks.

Buy reduction credit limit 80-90% is ridicules. They need to strengthen initial checks but cutting down limit is going to hurt customer satisfaction. PSU don't care satisfaction anyway.... 1691484036894.png