• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

rockking1994

TF Premier
Sbi vistara prime intact 95k though its been just a few months of me holding this card
I would like to know from everyone was this your initial limit or it increased over time and now suddenly decreased?
Also how long you guys have been holding your cards from?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sbi vistara prime intact 95k though its been just a few months of me holding this card
I would like to know from everyone was this your initial limit or it increased over time and now suddenly decreased?
Also how long you guys have been holding your cards from?
First thing , you will be most likey be spared this time around... There are so many permutations and combinations to compare with your case..
Relax and have a good night's sleep. Most likely your CL will be intact..

My SBI CB card limit reduced to 15K from 2.2L. Strange. No calls, no SMS, no eMail. Stupid way to deal.

Only last month, I closed my PAYTM-SBI VISA card (3.85L limit) as the SBICards have refused to flip it for a RuPay card.

From 6 lakhs combined to 15 thousands. Time to leave SBI cards forever. Sent an email today.

If this is the treatment for a former Senior Official of SBI, I wonder how they are treating others.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My SBI CB card limit reduced to 15K from 2.2L. Strange. No calls, no SMS, no eMail. Stupid way to deal.

Only last month, I closed my PAYTM-SBI VISA card (3.85L limit) as the SBICards have refused to flip it for a RuPay card.

From 6 lakhs combined to 15 thousands. Time to leave SBI cards forever. Sent an email today.

If this is the treatment for a former Senior Official of SBI, I wonder how they are treating others.
There is something seriously wrong here... Not sure how they wrote that program... It is not sparing anyone and it is hitting very randomly... Probably as another user said , may be this is a technical glitch... I denied it though initially.
However, in this particular case what would have caused this devaluation is closure of Paytm SBI card, which it should not have triggered as the limit was not transferred to CB card... Serioulsly wrong with this program's code... what I would say..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Unfortuantely for a badly written computer program it doesn't matter if it is a senior executive or a normal clerk, it just does its job as it was poorly written..
Hope sanity will come back.. You could reach out to them and present your case formally if you wish to...

Last edited:

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Sir first of all I appreciate the fact that even at this age you are interested about this kind of things, we all should learn from you.
Secondly, they actually don't care who is whom, it's done centrally by their team based on some Pre-Defined algorithm so don't think that it was done only for you. Almost everyone is impacted by this more or less.

BCh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I transferred limit from BPCL to CB last year. Just checked, the limits of both cards are still unchanged.
More in this context, I applied for CL increase for BPCL card earlier this month and escalated the matter till highest level as receiving only robotic reply without any resolution. Got a call from their executive yesterday, she informed that CLI process is paused for ALL for the time being and requested me to wait 2-3 weeks till it resumes.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Then which SBI card is useful according to you ?

Every card is useless for someone.... That's the fact
SBI Cashback credit card is best card, 5% cashback on Amazon gv purchase and use anywhere like Utility, Insurance, Makemytrip, Cleartrip, Swiggy, MPL etc.