• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Share credit score between countries

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Credit generally applies only within the country you have generated that score in any there is no way you can "transfer" score from one country to the other.

However are any global banks (amex, hsbc, etc) providing a service where if you hold a card in india and move abroad it is easier to get a card I'm the new country without having long enough credit history.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Credit generally applies only within the country you have generated that score in any there is no way you can "transfer" score from one country to the other.

However are any global banks (amex, hsbc, etc) providing a service where if you hold a card in india and move abroad it is easier to get a card I'm the new country without having long enough credit history.
Only possible currently with Amex charge cards in India
Both gold and plat charge are eligible

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Awesome. Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. Do you know if this is a policy they have explicitly laid out or just anecdotal?
If u ask for documentation I too never saw but one of my us friend used india gold charge credit history to get card in USA and another uk guy got card in India with uk charge card relationship

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If u ask for documentation I too never saw but one of my us friend used india gold charge credit history to get card in USA and another uk guy got card in India with uk charge card relationship
So the UK guy got amex UK card from India!! How does that work?

And the US guy got card in India, used for a while, moved to the US and then requested Amex US to issue a new card?

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So the UK guy got amex UK card from India!! How does that work?

And the US guy got card in India, used for a while, moved to the US and then requested Amex US to issue a new card?
yes for both ways and limits setting is sole discretion by amex just with existing relationship in charge card they will consider application easily