• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
I hold an Airtel Axis CC (Visa) since Nov 2022. Yesterday, while checking pre-approved card offers on Axis Mobile app, I saw the option to apply for Airtel Axis Mastercard Credit Card. I was baffled upon seeing it and thought that it could be a glitch as I already hold Airtel Axis CC.

I decided to chat with Axis Support to understand the possibility of holding the same card twice. They were clueless about it.

So, I went ahead with the application, with the thought that at most my old card will be closed or my application will not go through. But, to my surprise, I was able to submit the application and immediately received approval. Right now, I can see TWO Airtel Axis CC in Axis Mobile (Open) app.

I am curious to know if anyone else has been able to hold the same card twice from the same account/mobile number.

FYI, this will be my third Axis CC. I had two prior to applying this one -
1. Airtel Axis CC (Visa)
2. Axis Ace CC

I hold an Airtel Axis CC (Visa) since Nov 2022. Yesterday, while checking pre-approved card offers on Axis Mobile app, I saw the option to apply for Airtel Axis Mastercard Credit Card. I was baffled upon seeing it and thought that it could be a glitch as I already hold Airtel Axis CC.

I decided to chat with Axis Support to understand the possibility of holding the same card twice. They were clueless about it.

So, I went ahead with the application, with the thought that at most my old card will be closed or my application will not go through. But, to my surprise, I was able to submit the application and immediately received approval. Right now, I can see TWO Airtel Axis CC in Axis Mobile (Open) app.

I am curious to know if anyone else has been able to hold the same card twice from the same account/mobile number.

FYI, this will be my third Axis CC. I had two prior to applying this one -
1. Airtel Axis CC (Visa)
2. Axis Ace CC
Let me know after you receive the card ....

mailmenow

TF Premier
The old cc will be closed Within 30days.
Most probably bro. Because bank algorithm will detect the same easily and close old card. I think in October month axis stopped issuing 4th card. As per their policy an individual can hold only 3 cards at a point of time. But there are people who got 4th card (including me) instantly in which issuing 4th card is now against their bank policy. But within 2-3 days the old card was get closed automatically. So most probably bank will detect the same and close your old card.

sidp

TF Ace
Most probably bro. Because bank algorithm will detect the same easily and close old card. I think in October month axis stopped issuing 4th card. As per their policy an individual can hold only 3 cards at a point of time. But there are people who got 4th card (including me) instantly in which issuing 4th card is now against their bank policy. But within 2-3 days the old card was get closed automatically. So most probably bank will detect the same and close your old card.
They have even stopped issuing 2 cards with same rewards structure for last 2 months. From now on, you can only get one out of ace, fk, airtel as all of them are cb cc. They told me only after I close fk cc, I can get airtel. Even that depends on "internal criteria ". There is no assurance.

mailmenow

TF Premier
They have even stopped issuing 2 cards with same rewards structure for last 2 months. From now on, you can only get one out of ace, fk, airtel as all of them are cb cc. They told me only after I close fk cc, I can get airtel. Even that depends on "internal criteria ". There is no assurance.
But there are people who gets both cashback cards recently

sidp

TF Ace
But there are people who gets both cashback cards recently
Yeah I know. But everytime I called, they told the same thing. Earlier it was possible but not from now on.
And issue is they aren't even giving assurance that if I close fk card, I'll get airtel card for sure. They are saying these are co branded cards. So only their partner can give me the offer in their platform.

mailmenow

TF Premier
Yeah I know. But everytime I called, they told the same thing. Earlier it was possible but not from now on.
And issue is they aren't even giving assurance that if I close fk card, I'll get airtel card for sure. They are saying these are co branded cards. So only their partner can give me the offer in their platform.
Ok. But may I know is it applicable incase of getting it as pre-approved?? (Instead of applying online/offline?

sidp

TF Ace
Ok. But may I know is it applicable incase of getting it as pre-approved?? (Instead of applying online/offline?
You can't be sure with banks.
I got a message from airtel that airtel axis card fyf is preapproved for a "special customer" like me. But when I clicked at the link it showed no offers for you. 😒

mailmenow

TF Premier
You can't be sure with banks.
I got a message from airtel that airtel axis card fyf is preapproved for a "special customer" like me. But when I clicked at the link it showed no offers for you. 😒
Pre-approved in the sense getting this Airtel card offer in axis app not in Airtel app. What will happen in this case?

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
Makes sense. I was aware of the risk that my old card may get closed but still went ahead with it (since I have no Mastercard CC in my portfolio, so at the very least, I will now have one, lol).

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
Bro let me know if you receive cashback on your both visa &master card after first statement generation
For sure! I may need to wait until 1st June for the first statement to be generated because I requested statement date change for the card from 12th of every month to 1st of every month.