• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SCB Ultimate vs Axis Ace

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I realize this is a comparison between an entry level card and a premium card but I am confused

I recently got the SCB Ultimate card. So far, I have used the Axis Ace for utilities at 5% and at 2% for offline spends. I do not want two paid Visa cards. If I were to give-up the Axis Ace card, what would be a good approach to paying electricity and utility bills using the SCB Ultimate card?

Amazon pay does not allow loads with a credit card (anymore). I could buy APay gift vouchers from Amazon using the Ultimate card for 3.3% returns, load APay and then pay my bills. Any suggestions to do this with better returns?

Thank you

helloworld

TF Legend
My take: Ultimate or any reward card where we accumulate points for some time and redeem at a time to feel that we got something by using that card.

Where as Ace, I do not know when I got reward because it comes and goes with statement as part of monthly purchase.

Even if cashback cards provide more reward, for me it never feel like I earned something by using that card.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

himaga

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My take: Ultimate or any reward card where we accumulate points for some time and redeem at a time to feel that we got something by using that card.

Where as Ace, I do not know when I got reward because it comes and goes with statement as part of monthly purchase.

Even if cashback cards provide more reward, for me it never feel like I earned something by using that card.

Just a thought.
Classic Reward v/s Cashback

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Just a thought.
It's an interesting debate. I went back through statements adding cashback. Ace has saved me 9700+ in CB, that is quite a lot imo, but yes we can't directly see that as a reward.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
This person will be single-handedly responsible for devaluation of SBI Cashback card.

Funny how the cashback you earned is equal to the credit limit I have 🥲😂
Haha quiet true
But as long as any options available we have to enjoy it else we regret post devaluation
Limit Reg yes sbi due to no time for credit checks and assign good limit they gave 10k 20k lol