• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Second Card Approval

Theron

TF Premier
Is there anybody applied for second card of SC? Will there will enquiry again in CIBIL for second card as there is no any word like consent for credit bureau report mentioned in application?

Tarun239

TF Premier
How much time does it take for approval/ decline of 2 nd credit card by existing card authentication method?? What are the factors that influence the approval/decline?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How much time does it take for approval/ decline of 2 nd credit card by existing card authentication method?? What are the factors that influence the approval/decline?
People said it is approved in 2 days. It took 4 days for me to get the declined message. Hopefully it will be issued though. Not sure about the factors. I think it was because my original card application was declined last month as I was not eligible and it was only issued after branch intervention as I was a priority customer. Hence the new one was also rejected but hopefully might be approved after branch request.

Tarun239

TF Premier
People said it is approved in 2 days. It took 4 days for me to get the declined message. Hopefully it will be issued though. Not sure about the factors. I think it was because my original card application was declined last month as I was not eligible and it was only issued after branch intervention as I was a priority customer. Hence the new one was also rejected but hopefully might be approved after branch request.
Yes, keep fingers crossed, u should get ur card as u r their customer as well

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I just checked by seeing this thread and made payment of 1 Rs. last week , Today i got the msg that card will be delivered and even new card details is visible in app now. I got platinum rewards as my second card.
But i think it will be chargeable and don't see any major benefit over SC smart , so will cancel it after some time.

PS- My 1st card is only 3 months old.

P B R G

TF Ace
Screenshot from their website. No FYF and No Cashkaro rewards for existing SCB customers though. If anybody don't have a SC credit card yet they can apply from Cashkaro and get 2500 rewards.

Screenshot_2023-12-15-13-45-35-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-15-13-50-35-66_87d43c87139f16aed261b18f353d3dcc.jpg

helloworld

TF Legend
Screenshot from their website. No FYF and No Cashkaro rewards for existing SCB customers though. If anybody don't have a SC credit card yet they can apply from Cashkaro and get 2500 rewards.

Screenshot_2023-12-15-13-45-35-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-15-13-50-35-66_87d43c87139f16aed261b18f353d3dcc.jpg

where it mentioned no cashkaro rewards for existing customer?

FYF, I can see in website, they clearly mentioned on product page but cashkaro T&Cs not found in this screenshot.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Current card (about a month old) is Super Value Titanium with a limit of 5 lakhs. Applied for Smarcard. Four days now and nothing. I called CC yesterday and they said they don’t issue a second card and could only upgrade my existing one to Smartcard. Let’s wait a bit and see.
even I am planning to apply second card... same was told to me by customer care

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SC refused to provide a second card. Them say you have to wait a minimum 6 months after the first card issuance.
It's because your 1st first card was not a direct approval as your branch had to intervene after initial rejection. My friend who got his 1st card in January applied for Ultimate within 2 weeks and got his 2nd card Ultimate. I can confirm that there is no 6 months cooldown period in SC.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Current card (about a month old) is Super Value Titanium with a limit of 5 lakhs. Applied for Smarcard. Four days now and nothing. I called CC yesterday and they said they don’t issue a second card and could only upgrade my existing one to Smartcard. Let’s wait a bit and see.
How is your experience with super value titanium? It is consistently giving fuel cashbacks as expected on all pumps?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How is your experience with super value titanium? It is consistently giving fuel cashbacks as expected on all pumps?
No. Sometimes it doesn't provide cashback. It misses it about 20% of the time. So if you fill up 10 times, you might get cashback 8 times. In addition, maximum limit for receiving cashback is 2k of fuel fill-up. Actually a little less as they add surcharge. So you have to make sure to pay maximum 1950 each swipe which is extremely difficult as most vehicles take 3.5 ro 4.5k per fill-up. So you have to either request the attendant to swipe your card twice or pay some cash and request the rest as a swipe or pay via 2 cards. This makes it difficult for them and they don't like it if they are busy. So I take 2k in cash and ask them to swipe the remaining amount which is usually around 1800. I don't use this card much as I have the SBI BPCL card which works perfectly.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No. Sometimes it doesn't provide cashback. It misses it about 20% of the time. So if you fill up 10 times, you might get cashback 8 times. In addition, maximum limit for receiving cashback is 2k of fuel fill-up. Actually a little less as they add surcharge. So you have to make sure to pay maximum 1950 each swipe which is extremely difficult as most vehicles take 3.5 ro 4.5k per fill-up. So you have to either request the attendant to swipe your card twice or pay some cash and request the rest as a swipe or pay via 2 cards. This makes it difficult for them and they don't like it if they are busy. So I take 2k in cash and ask them to swipe the remaining amount which is usually around 1800. I don't use this card much as I have the SBI BPCL card which works perfectly.
Ok. Thanks. SBI BPCL is working well for you? I have heard complaints about that as well

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's because your 1st first card was not a direct approval as your branch had to intervene after initial rejection. My friend who got his 1st card in January applied for Ultimate within 2 weeks and got his 2nd card Ultimate. I can confirm that there is no 6 months cooldown period in SC.
Yes. I assumed the same thing. The branch assured me that they will get the Smartcard approved as well but now I have Axis Atlas which gives 4% on tax payments. Therefore I am not that keen on Smartcard anymore. Got HDFC Infinia as well and that has made me lose interest in other cards a little.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ok. Thanks. SBI BPCL is working well for you? I have heard complaints about that as well
Yes. SBI BPCL works perfectly at all BPCL pumps across the country. No need to worry about which machine is used. I haven't had a single issue with cashback in the past 18 months with dozens of fillups. Cashback gets credited the 3rd day without fail. On SC, it is very random. Can be 5 days or even weeks or not at all.