• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBM Visa Signature Debit Card - Free Domestic Lounge, golf access

lazyman

TF Buzz
Open SBM Bank Savings Account Online and get a SBM bank Visa Signature Debit Card. It is a zero balance account with no MAB and free debit card as well.

Benefits of the Card:
  • Domestic Lounge Access ( 3 times per quarter, all the visa supported lounges are eligible).
  • 2 International Lounge Access through LoungeKey(Currently, this benefit is not available as RBI restricted International remittances for SBM Bank Debit Cards, hence, international lounge access is not available, This will not work as international transactions won't work with debit card).
  • Free Golf (https://teepassindia.thriwe.com/):
    • 4 complimentary rounds of green fees per quarter
    • 12 complimentary golf lessons per calendar year Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.34.03 AM.png

How to Open Account Online:
  • Open https://www.sbmbank.co.in/# and in top right, Open Savings Account button.
  • Register and fill all the details, there will be Video KYC, after that your account will be opened.
  • Once you got the card, you need to set your card PIN and manage card usage(Enable Ecom, POS etc) through SBM Net Banking or SBM Mobile Banking(Because their ATM presence is very low and offline branches are very less)

I applied and got my card in 5 days.

telescope

TF Ace
there is a vkyc link sent above use that and proceed with it
It worked for me yesterday..

thanks for the link. yes this is the link from which I tried opening account earlier and was rejected. Trying it right now. Though I am pretty that I'll be rejected again.

Shall I give same email and mobile as my niyo account or different? also annual income matters?

Akashn

TF Ace
thanks for the link. yes this is the link from which I tried opening account earlier and was rejected. Trying it right now. Though I am pretty that I'll be rejected again.

Shall I give same email and mobile as my niyo account or different? also annual income matters?
I dont know if income matters.. even if you give different number pan remains same but give it a try.. I had onecard so they used my old customer ID

telescope

TF Ace
Tried new number?
No. Same mobile number and email.
Might be name different between pan and aadhar
No. No difference at all.
Why?

I open 2 month ago.. have some network problem in vkyc.
But didn't faced any rejection..🤪
I don't know. See my previous post. In the form there is an option for declaring that "I don't have any existing account" maybe that's why. Earlier branch guys said I was rejected because of "profile error" and asked for 3 lakh cheque.

See this
I applied for savings account online in August, after vkyc got rejection mail.

Mid September I called customer care and asked why I was rejected, they said it might be some technical reason and I was asked to apply again, so I did. Again after vkyc with 1 hour got rejection mail.

Called up Kolkata branch and asked for reason. The person who picked up asked my name and then searched for the application in their syatem and said it was showing "profiling error" as the reason. He asked me my age, occupation, annual income and interestingly cibil score, and said "everything seems alright, there is no reason for rejection".

Then came the usual sales pitch. That day as far as I remember was Friday. He said, "from Monday zero balance facility will not be there anymore and some charges will be coming, you better open an account ASAP. Usually our IP is 5 lakhs but we can do it for 3 lakhs. I can go to your home to collect docs and cheque"

I gave it a pass. I think guys at Kolkata branch purposely rejecting applications in order to collect IP.

Last edited:

Akashn

TF Ace
No. Same mobile number and email.

No. No difference at all.

I don't know. See my previous post. In the form there is an option for declaring that "I don't have any existing account" maybe that's why. Earlier branch guys said I was rejected because of profile error" and asked for 3 lakh cheque.

See this
Hope for best 🤞 🤞

Akashn

TF Ace
No sms nothing. In earlier instances, it got rejected within few hours.

Those of you who got the account approved, how much time it took for you?
Vkyc in the morning and was able to see my account in the evening.. welcome mail came at night 3 am.. @AritraSaha told me trick to check if account is opened or not.. just try to register for upi on paytm/gpay to see if it fetches your new account