• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Ace
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

• SBI Cashback.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:

saikat86

TF Buzz
So, what I understand as a summary of the discussion - Still we will get 5% CB while buying GC from Amazon as the merchant name is coming WWW AMAZON IN which does not come under MCC 5947. So hopefully after 1st May, it will continue.....

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I'm getting "WWW AMAZON IN" while buying APay GC, is it eligible for 5%?

If you are getting WWW.......
then you will get 5% with Cashback SBI
because earlier Amazon is using separate MCC for each Shopping category like Electronics, Grocery, Apparel etc.

Now May be Amazon decided to use a general MCC for every Shopping txn and that MCC belongs to Shopping -Ecommerce which is not excluded and will never be excluded by any Credit Card issuer.

Even after repeated Attempts I am getting only "AMAZON GIFT CARD".
You are lucky, you are getting WWW...... for gift Cards Purchase.

Last edited:

SiddharthR

TF Ace
If you ate getting WWW.......
then you will get 5% with Cashback SBI
because earlier Amazon is using separate MCC for each Shopping category like Electronics, Grocery, Apparel etc.

Now May be Amazon decided to use a general MCC for every Shopping txn and that MCC belongs to Shopping -Ecommerce which is not excluded and will never be excluded by any Credit Card issuer.

Even after repeated Attempts I am getting only "AMAZON GIFT CARD".
You are lucky, you are getting WWW...... for gift Cards Purchase.
Not even getting the option to buy using Credit Card on Amazon today 🤣😐 (2 feelings at a time)
Any other alternatives? (I know Zingoy, PaisaWapas, YONO Gyftr) Need to buy 30K
So, what I understand as a summary of the discussion - Still we will get 5% CB while buying GC from Amazon as the merchant name is coming WWW AMAZON IN which does not come under MCC 5947. So hopefully after 1st May, it will continue.....
Most probably it won't

Last edited:

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Magicpin also give 5% SBi Cashback card ?
Only Selected magicpin Accounts allow use of payment modes other than UPI for Apay Vouchers

I have that selected Account.
Magicpin do not accept Credit Card directly for Apay Vouchers but Accepts Paytm, Freecharge, and Ola money and we can use Credit card at respective wallet gateway 🤣🤣

Rahi baat 5% ki I know You will figure it out yourself

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Only Selected magicpin Accounts allow use of payment modes other than UPI for Apay Vouchers

I have that selected Account.
Magicpin do not accept Credit Card directly for Apay Vouchers but Accepts Paytm, Freecharge, and Ola money and we can use Credit card at respective wallet gateway 🤣🤣

Rahi baat 5% ki I know You will figure it out yourself
Paytm wallet has policy of ₹4000 usage per month via credit card. So have to use other wallet gateways. But unsure if they give wallet merchant name or other.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Paytm wallet has policy of ₹4000 usage per month via credit card. So have to use other wallet gateways. But unsure if they give wallet merchant name or other.
You can directly use Credit Card at Paytm Gateway in Case of Magicpin.

First go and find a Magicpin account which allow wallet for Apay Vouchers

Out of 10 Mobile Numbers in Family only my Mobile Number allow me to use Wallets as a Payment mode for Apay Vouchers

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
You can directly use Credit Card at Paytm Gateway in Case of Magicpin.

First go and find a Magicpin account which allow wallet for Apay Vouchers

Out of 10 Mobile Numbers in Family only my Mobile Number allow me to use Wallets as a Payment mode for Apay Vouchers
I'm getting PayU gateway. Getting 1.5% on Flipkart card on magicpin.
But for Apay voucher, no option is showing. No payment mode. Not even UPI 🤣
IMG_5873.jpeg

On app it is showing only UPI option but on browser no..nada.

Last edited:

bugmenot

TF Ace
How to identify MCC for SBI Card transaction?
  1. Send an email to customercare@sbicard.com
  2. If you are sending email from SBI card app then choose category as "statement related issues/statement calculation/clarification"
  3. Add details about transaction like date and amount
  4. They will respond back with more details of txn and it will have MCC
  5. This will work only for settled txn, for unsettled MCC will be 0000
  6. Cashback SBI card is issued on Visa, so refer this PDF for MCC details https://usa.visa.com/content/dam/VCOM/download/merchants/visa-merchant-data-standards-manual.pdf
Interesting point: Recently I purchased 50K amazon GC on my proprietary company portal and it has MCC as 5817. It refers to "Merchants classified with this MCC sell applications or software (excludes games) that are delivered in electronic format." So I am saved as of now with devaluation 🤑🤑

Now you all flood SBI Card with your request to know MCC.

Attachments

• visa-merchant-data-standards-manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 92