• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Ace
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

• SBI Cashback.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:

karankayastha

TF Premier
How to identify MCC for SBI Card transaction?
  1. Send an email to customercare@sbicard.com
  2. If you are sending email from SBI card app then choose category as "statement related issues/statement calculation/clarification"
  3. Add details about transaction like date and amount
  4. They will respond back with more details of txn and it will have MCC
  5. This will work only for settled txn, for unsettled MCC will be 0000
  6. Cashback SBI card is issued on Visa, so refer this PDF for MCC details https://usa.visa.com/content/dam/VCOM/download/merchants/visa-merchant-data-standards-manual.pdf
Interesting point: Recently I purchased 50K amazon GC on my proprietary company portal and it has MCC as 5817. It refers to "Merchants classified with this MCC sell applications or software (excludes games) that are delivered in electronic format." So I am saved as of now with devaluation 🤑🤑

Now you all flood SBI Card with your request to know MCC.
so whats the MCC for GV through amazon?

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How to identify MCC for SBI Card transaction?
  1. Send an email to customercare@sbicard.com
  2. If you are sending email from SBI card app then choose category as "statement related issues/statement calculation/clarification"
  3. Add details about transaction like date and amount
  4. They will respond back with more details of txn and it will have MCC
  5. This will work only for settled txn, for unsettled MCC will be 0000
  6. Cashback SBI card is issued on Visa, so refer this PDF for MCC details https://usa.visa.com/content/dam/VCOM/download/merchants/visa-merchant-data-standards-manual.pdf
Interesting point: Recently I purchased 50K amazon GC on my proprietary company portal and it has MCC as 5817. It refers to "Merchants classified with this MCC sell applications or software (excludes games) that are delivered in electronic format." So I am saved as of now with devaluation 🤑🤑

Now you all flood SBI Card with your request to know MCC.
Is it benefithub?

bugmenot

TF Ace
I have enquired about the MCC for last month gift card purchase.
5399 is the code that is being applied. :)
This is good news then

5399 - Miscellaneous General Merchandise

Merchants classified with this MCC sell a general lineo f merchandise. Generally, these merchants sell thes ame type of merchandise and operate in the same manner as a department store, but on a much smaller scale.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
This is good news then

5399 - Miscellaneous General Merchandise

Merchants classified with this MCC sell a general lineo f merchandise. Generally, these merchants sell thes ame type of merchandise and operate in the same manner as a department store, but on a much smaller scale.
Amazon can change MCC anytime.
Before doing a big txn, always verify with Rs.100 txn