• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Credit Limit Increase Trick/Hack!

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Disclaimer: This is a long shot and RISK is involved, please do it on your own risk.

Prelude: So I have an SBI SimplyClick Card 3yrs old with an 83k limit based on my salary. I wanted SBI Spar Card, it has annual charges of 500/- and same amount of points are given upon payment of annual charges. I applied twice before but the application would get lost somewhere and declined eventually because SBI being SBI. This time around I was issued a card for a change using the new Sprint website, but since it was broken initially my physical KYC was done at home and this SPAR card is not in the application list that most SBI applications have so I made him write SPAR/Lifestyle Card and did my KYC.

A few days later I get a msg that my credit card is approved, I have been issued a Lifestyle/SPAR SELECT Credit Card with a limit of 64k and 1499 + GST annual fees. In no way I was willing to pay SBI 1600 for a card that I wont be using. I checked up the app and saw a card in my account. I decided to close the card, yes it will affect my cibil but 1600 is no joke of an amount.

I called customer care and requested card closure. They tried their level best to prevent closure, I tried my best to get it LTF. Neither of us budged and the card closure request was accepted. While I was at it I asked for SimplyClick to be made LTF or I would close that too, but they are not giving LTF it seems. She offer me to merge limit if I did not close my SimplyClick, I agreed since I will hold on to it for a few more months(This conversation was with the Credit card closure team). I had asked normal customer care to transfer the limit but they said they can't do it until I activate the card. Had I activated I would be charged annual fees, so I did not activate it. I had seen this in a youtube video too, and it worked for me.

P.S: The delivery of the card is still not done.

Steps/Method:
1. Apply for a SBI Credit Card (Get a higher annual charge card chances of it getting approved are more).
Try C2C basis as you will get a higher limit, I made a mistake here by not doing C2C as my other cards have a much higher limit.
2. Wait for its card approval and limit disbursement.
3. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE CARD AND DO NOT SET PIN.
4. Request for card closure.
5. Try your luck for LTF or get it closed. (Will affect your CIBIL)
6. In the end they should ask you for limit transfer or you ask them
7. Volla, New higher limit without income documents

I did not do this for limit enhancement as I hardly use SBI Card because of its poor reward rate. My circumstance was such that keeping a 1600/- card active made no sense. Also, I would close SimplyClick too because I use it hardly once or twice during sales. SBI Card gives very poor limits to people and maybe someone can get some benefit out of this card.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Disclaimer: This is a long shot and RISK is involved, please do it on your own risk.

Prelude: So I have an SBI SimplyClick Card 3yrs old with an 83k limit based on my salary. I wanted SBI Spar Card, it has annual charges of 500/- and same amount of points are given upon payment of annual charges. I applied twice before but the application would get lost somewhere and declined eventually because SBI being SBI. This time around I was issued a card for a change using the new Sprint website, but since it was broken initially my physical KYC was done at home and this SPAR card is not in the application list that most SBI applications have so I made him write SPAR/Lifestyle Card and did my KYC.

A few days later I get a msg that my credit card is approved, I have been issued a Lifestyle/SPAR SELECT Credit Card with a limit of 64k and 1499 + GST annual fees. In no way I was willing to pay SBI 1600 for a card that I wont be using. I checked up the app and saw a card in my account. I decided to close the card, yes it will affect my cibil but 1600 is no joke of an amount.

I called customer care and requested card closure. They tried their level best to prevent closure, I tried my best to get it LTF. Neither of us budged and the card closure request was accepted. While I was at it I asked for SimplyClick to be made LTF or I would close that too, but they are not giving LTF it seems. She offer me to merge limit if I did not close my SimplyClick, I agreed since I will hold on to it for a few more months(This conversation was with the Credit card closure team). I had asked normal customer care to transfer the limit but they said they can't do it until I activate the card. Had I activated I would be charged annual fees, so I did not activate it. I had seen this in a youtube video too, and it worked for me.

P.S: The delivery of the card is still not done.

Steps/Method:
1. Apply for a SBI Credit Card (Get a higher annual charge card chances of it getting approved are more).
Try C2C basis as you will get a higher limit, I made a mistake here by not doing C2C as my other cards have a much higher limit.
2. Wait for its card approval and limit disbursement.
3. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE CARD AND DO NOT SET PIN.
4. Request for card closure.
5. Try your luck for LTF or get it closed. (Will affect your CIBIL)
6. In the end they should ask you for limit transfer or you ask them
7. Volla, New higher limit without income documents

I did not do this for limit enhancement as I hardly use SBI Card because of its poor reward rate. My circumstance was such that keeping a 1600/- card active made no sense. Also, I would close SimplyClick too because I use it hardly once or twice during sales. SBI Card gives very poor limits to people and maybe someone can get some benefit out of this card.
Bro One Piece Of Advice :

Don't Do This Multiple Times As It Can Harm You In Future...

AsB

TF Ace
1) An Update- SBI Sprint actually offers two Amazon Vouchers for SBI Simply Click (one if card is generated instantly, other is after paying its joining fee)
2) I am deciding whether to keep the SimplyClick card or close it and get SBI BPCL Card, since I want SBI Card only for SBI Offers. Will I be able to transfer credit limit?

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
1) An Update- SBI Sprint actually offers two Amazon Vouchers for SBI Simply Click (one if card is generated instantly, other is after paying its joining fee)
2) I am deciding whether to keep the SimplyClick card or close it and get SBI BPCL Card, since I want SBI Card only for SBI Offers. Will I be able to transfer credit limit?
There's a card flip/switch feature which SBI offers to change the card varient which I got to know from the SBI executive. It can only be done on activated cards. Call them and try it out.

Reactions: AsB

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
Why don't you request for octane(visa) it's acceptable for all sbi offers
I dont have that much fuel spend to opt for octane. Its fee waiver is also 2 lakhs and in normal bpcl card its 50k only so I dont have to pay fees atleast.
Btw I applied for this card only.
I will mail to sbi cc to update it to system for new offers.
Lets wait what they have to say.

@Abhishek012 has also said that it takes few months to get updated in the sbi system for newly launched cards.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I dont have that much fuel spend to opt for octane. Its fee waiver is also 2 lakhs and in normal bpcl card its 50k only so I dont have to pay fees atleast.
Btw I applied for this card only.
I will mail to sbi cc to update it to system for new offers.
Lets wait what they have to say.

@Abhishek012 has also said that it takes few months to get updated in the sbi system for newly launched cards.
As you wish..