• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Bank is not Helping in Tracking Refund

Nirmal Andy

TF Buzz
Bit Long Post Alert:
––––––––––––––
It has been 2 months my Order on Flipkart got cancelled but No refund has been credited in my SBI Bank account yet. The matter is... I ordered few phones in Flipkart sale under UPI discount offer on 22-Feb. I used Paytm merchant UPI to pay for orders 1 by 1 from my SBI savings account. But later at night all orders were cancelled and payment got reversed instantly except one order. I called Flipkart and they said the refund is initiated & shared me the RRN(Refund Reference No.) then asked me to contact your Bank for it. I did the same and approachedmy my home branch SBI bank with RRN no. but I got pissed off when they said they don't know what RRN is even the Bank Manager was clueless and asked me to mark the transaction thru which you paid for that order we can only track that transaction that where it went. I said I need to track reverse refund amount not the transaction amount which was already successful I know but they didn't listen and I submitted an application by mentioning transaction & RRN no. too on 11-Mar.

OK after 1 day I got SMS & Mail that my case is registered and within 7 days they will get back with update. Ok then after 7 days on 17-Mar I got another mail that they have closed this case and raising a chargeback, the full statement is like this... "We would like to inform you that we have raised a chargeback with the beneficiary bank Now beneficiary bank will respond with the status within turnaround time of 15 days prescribed by NPCI. Regards, Bhim SBI Pay"

Since then No further update and my refund amount ₹7599/- got stuck. I don't know where the amount is lying with now 😢

Kindly help me bow to proceed further from here. Thanks in advance. 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20220421_204848.jpg
    IMG_20220421_204848.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2022-04-21-20-48-02-639_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-21-20-48-02-639_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

anu27893

TF Buzz
I would suggest you to contact banking ombudsman or you can raise a complaint with RBI(https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/indexpage.html#eng) by submitting all the proofs.
You are then most likely to get resolution within 7 working days.
Are har bat k liye banking ombudsmen nahi baitha rahta. You need to contact flipkart that amount has not been reversed. Fail transaction nhi tha wo jo bank reverse krega. Merchant reversal hai to merchant side hi help krega bank me RRN number se kuch pata nhi chalega agar wo amount reverse hi nhi kiya gaya hoga. Flipkart se contact kro and waha consumer forum m complaint ko bolo. Jab bank k side se transaction fail hoti hai to bank reconcile krwa k clear krta hai. Jab merchant payment kr rha to bank usme kuch nhi kr sakta jab tak acc me credit nhi hoga bank ko kuch b nhi dikhega aur apka transaction successsfull rha hai to bank isliye aapki help nhi kr pa rha hai

Nirmal Andy

TF Buzz
Are har bat k liye banking ombudsmen nahi baitha rahta. You need to contact flipkart that amount has not been reversed. Fail transaction nhi tha wo jo bank reverse krega. Merchant reversal hai to merchant side hi help krega bank me RRN number se kuch pata nhi chalega agar wo amount reverse hi nhi kiya gaya hoga. Flipkart se contact kro and waha consumer forum m complaint ko bolo. Jab bank k side se transaction fail hoti hai to bank reconcile krwa k clear krta hai. Jab merchant payment kr rha to bank usme kuch nhi kr sakta jab tak acc me credit nhi hoga bank ko kuch b nhi dikhega aur apka transaction successsfull rha hai to bank isliye aapki help nhi kr pa rha hai
But Flipkart se already baat ho chuki hai, Refund initiate hua tabhi toh RRN generate hua. Flipkart toh yehi bolne apna responsibility khatam kar rha hai 😕

prc1990

TF Legend
But Flipkart se already baat ho chuki hai, Refund initiate hua tabhi toh RRN generate hua. Flipkart toh yehi bolne apna responsibility khatam kar rha hai 😕
Bro if chargeback is already raised, you will get temporary refund in your card. Please check your card statement.

prc1990

TF Legend
RRN is in place that means refund has already been initiated from the source i.e. Flipkart. It might happen that the refunded amount might got reversed to the source again due to some technical difficulties.

anu27893

TF Buzz
RRN is in place that means refund has already been initiated from the source i.e. Flipkart. It might happen that the refunded amount might got reversed to the source again due to some technical difficulties.
Only RRN se bank trace nhi kr sakta bhai mai bank m hi kaam krta hu

anu27893

TF Buzz
Apne account ka statement bhejo use ki paise credit kaha huye hai. RRN generate hona aur paise aana do alag chije hai may be unka fault ho kisi other acc m transfer kr diye ho. Bolo use consumer forum m ja rahe ho

Nirmal Andy

TF Buzz
Apne account ka statement bhejo use ki paise credit kaha huye hai. RRN generate hona aur paise aana do alag chije hai may be unka fault ho kisi other acc m transfer kr diye ho. Bolo use consumer forum m ja rahe ho
Statement mai Bank staff ko same day dikha chuka hu, 4 phones maine order kiye the thru UPI and 3 ka refund same day credit ho gya 1 ka nhi hua. Ab bank sirf jo order kiya tha us trxn ka chargeback raise kar diya instead refund ko track karne ke 😥

anu27893

TF Buzz
Statement mai Bank staff ko same day dikha chuka hu, 4 phones maine order kiye the thru UPI and 3 ka refund same day credit ho gya 1 ka nhi hua. Ab bank sirf jo order kiya tha us trxn ka chargeback raise kar diya instead refund ko track karne ke 😥
Are bhai flipkart ko dikhao bank ko dikhane k kya mtlab bank m aayega to wo to show hi krne lagega na

AsB

TF Ace
Try to send a mail through their grievance redressal form (Online) . I had a similar problem and bank was not doing anything. But once I raised a request, on the next day itself, branch people called , asked the problem and got it back to my account.
By the way, were you using SBI Credit Card or SBI Account (Non CC transaction ) ?

APTIL

TF Neo
Hey .
Did you receive the refund ?
I am also facing the same issue .
My 54000 rupees is stuck from last 20 days .
How can I get it back ?
Please help

AsB

TF Ace
Hey .
Did you receive the refund ?
I am also facing the same issue .
My 54000 rupees is stuck from last 20 days .
How can I get it back ?
Please help
Write a complaint to the SBI customer care. Then visit the branch and say that you have initiated a complaint.

If still nothing, escalate to RBI.