• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Extended till 31st March 2025) Saraswat Bank RuPay Credit card - 20% on utility bill amount upto Rs. 250 per month

hellobois

TF Ace
They need bank account to issue fresh credit card.
The catch is that you need to have minimum 6 months old savings account to get a credit card.
So if someone applies for a savings account now, he will get the card in oct - nov. (If they delay the application then you may get the card in dec - Jan as well)
All the best 🙂

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
Do they issue card to NTB customers ??

They need bank account to issue fresh credit card.
The catch is that you need to have minimum 6 months old savings account to get a credit card.
So if someone applies for a savings account now, he will get the card in oct - nov. (If they delay the application then you may get the card in dec - Jan as well)
All the best 🙂

I don't believe you need a 6 months old savings account. I know one or two folks who went to the branch, got an FD/Savings Account opened and applied for the credit card straightaway. The card will take at least a month to come. There's no online tracking. So, be forewarned.

This offer has been going on for the last 2 financial years and this year is the third one. No one knows the future. The card is also not live on RuPay CC on UPI with only Google Pay showing it but not allowing it to be added since Saraswat still needs to load the registered mobile + CC numbers from their end.

Also, please let me make it clear that there is absolutely no advantage to having this card besides this utility payment offer. Yes, the card does work for RuPay specific offers (it is Platinum, not Select) but that's it. Its rewards system is so bad that it is as good as not having a rewards system.

Saraswat Bank has branches in Maharashtra, Karnatak, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Delhi.

Do note that their Savings Account does come with a chargeable debit card (~Rs 200-250 + GST and there are Rs 5-10 for SMS charges too). If you get a Visa one, their mobile app lets you generate a RuPay Platinum one for free (and vice-versa). That can be used for the 20% off up to Rs 100 on Amazon for utility/recharges once every month on Fridays.

Last edited: