• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Retention offer for Yes bank card

drsel

TF Legend
Is there any retention offer for keeping Yes first business card (which is lifetime free).

Normally if you phone customer care and ask to close your card they will transfer the call to the retention team, who will make you an offer of cashback or points to keep the card

drsel

TF Legend
No i never heard of yes bank doing that in the past 2-3 years. But why do u ask for a LTF card?
I am just trying my luck
Closing a LTF card which you don't need/don't want/don't use will boost your credit score.
Because It shows that you are less hungry for credit.

So unless there is a good incentive to keep the LTF card, you should close it to boost your credit score.

After I closed HDFC Millenia, Amex MRCC, RBL World Safari, RBL Platinum Maxima, SBI Simply click, SBI FBB, etc; my credit score jumped an incredible 98 points!

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
To me it appears, you indirectly encashed the cibil points by not closing unnecessary ltf cards and accepting retention offer.

I can give you one idea, keep doing such every year for ltf cards and if you collect almost 1000 rs every year then you can purchase cibil yearly subscription from that amount 🤣🤣
You be surprised to know that cards with annual fees give good retention offers and then they also remove the annual fee if requested

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am just trying my luck

0 points given
The call centre agent lied to me and deceived me

The Yes Bank 1st level CC guys (mostly girls)have Zero / near zero knowledge .and most probably zero authority to do any sort of these things..

So your try for luck resulted in deception..
May be try later..
If I were you, I wouldn't trouble a bank which is in recovery mode after near death incident..
But I again I am actually not you and
you are not me !!!

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am just trying my luck
Closing a LTF card which you don't need/don't want/don't use will boost your credit score.
Because It shows that you are less hungry for credit.

So unless there is a good incentive to keep the LTF card, you should close it to boost your credit score.

After I closed HDFC Millenia, Amex MRCC, RBL World Safari, RBL Platinum Maxima, SBI Simply click, SBI FBB, etc; my credit score jumped an incredible 98 points!
What was the score before closing these cards? It will help put things in perspective