• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Retention for Magnus

mowgli

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Retention is allowed once in 6 months. And requires clearing all balance on the card and then calling customer care with serious note. Depending on the value created in axis relationship, I feel they might be interested to offer more ER

mowgli

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Retention bole to ?
I should call them to close my card and then wait for retention team call ?

What's the procedure to close/retain?
Retention team will be transferred the call when calling to cancel the card. If the retention team is busy, then customer care person will mention retention team will call back at our preferred time. If it’s to just get ER, and retention team is not available, and if all dues are closed, they “could” (99% they cannot close without speaking to you) close down the card. So, be prepared, and suggestively call at night when call volume is low. Or call back to get immediately connected to retention team

mowgli

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My question is more like if we close the Magnus credit card what is the retention offer axis is offering.
Closing is by calling the customer care. When u say u called to close the card, they will take the request and mention within 7 working days, request will be completed. But then immediately they will try to transfer to retention team. If not, the same as I mentioned above, they will call back. Technically, they will try to retain u by giving points. And take your final consent before closing.
But if you tell them I want to know how to close the card, they will mention the process. Retention team is not involved in understanding the process.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Axis is offering 10,000 Edge Points to retain its Magnus customers.
So, if you ask them to close your Axis Magnus Credit Card, they might offer you 10,000 Axis Edge points to continue with Magnus.

But, before placing any such request, transfer all your Edge points to suitable Airmile or Hotel programs.

Magnus retention 10000 Axis Edge Points trick

FOLLOW BELOW PROCEEDURE TO GET
Call Magnus CC and say you want to close the cards due to devaluation. They will start sharing benefits of the card. Be like, ok. Ask if there would any retention offer as you might incur Renewal Fee if continue with the Card. If they say no, just insist can you raise a retention request. Keep you card outstanding balance pending so that they don't close the card. If they still say they cannot offer you retention, Hang Up and Call Again until you get a representative who generates the SR for you.

Once SR is generated you will get the bonus in 1 working day generally.
For people who have reached milestone, it has been difficult but you can try.

If you have LTF, they won't given retention!!

Caution-Try the below at you own RISK as sometimes banks close the card without any retention offer.

*Source-Friend Circle and Closed Social media/Telegram groups.

MartianManhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can confirm. I kept being sad about the devaluation and told her I wanted to close the card. She told me to clear my balance and then she'd proceed to close the account. No questions asked. No retention was given. Nothing. After trying to beat around the bush for a few minutes, I just straight up asked for it shamelessly and then she said she can give them. After 1 day, the points got credited!

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So here is my story:

Instead of calling - I dropped a mail
".....
I feel like a fool taking this card by paying the Annual fees back in April.

So, I have decided to close this card. Can you please help me with it?

"

God Bless Axis.
Not only they told me to pay my dues, but also they blocked the card to process the closure immediately. NO CALL RECEIVED.

Next day, I called the customer care to ask them why did they block the card without consent. They just replied that it is a part of the process and they have to block it so that it cannot be used further.

I asked them about retention - they immediately took a pause and said No sorry sir, Can't offer you that. We keep on evolving our offers to make it fair for everyone (my foot).

I just asked them place a request for "Unblocking the card"

I called them today again. Straight up asked that my friend advised me to continue with Magnus, if retention offer is given. within 2 seconds my request was taken. And voila 10k points incoming!!!

Hope it helps the people here.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can confirm. I kept being sad about the devaluation and told her I wanted to close the card. She told me to clear my balance and then she'd proceed to close the account. No questions asked. No retention was given. Nothing. After trying to beat around the bush for a few minutes, I just straight up asked for it shamelessly and then she said she can give them. After 1 day, the points got credited!
My gawd! 😭😂

DevD

TF Premier
So here is my story:

Instead of calling - I dropped a mail
".....
I feel like a fool taking this card by paying the Annual fees back in April.

So, I have decided to close this card. Can you please help me with it?

"

God Bless Axis.
Not only they told me to pay my dues, but also they blocked the card to process the closure immediately. NO CALL RECEIVED.

Next day, I called the customer care to ask them why did they block the card without consent. They just replied that it is a part of the process and they have to block it so that it cannot be used further.

I asked them about retention - they immediately took a pause and said No sorry sir, Can't offer you that. We keep on evolving our offers to make it fair for everyone (my foot).

I just asked them place a request for "Unblocking the card"

I called them today again. Straight up asked that my friend advised me to continue with Magnus, if retention offer is given. within 2 seconds my request was taken. And voila 10k points incoming!!!

Hope it helps the people here.
How many times we can repeat this ?? :D:D