• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Regalia to Infinia Upgrade (Query)

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
I think you can easily change the network from MC to Visa by mailing them.
I have done on Millennia
Already have IDFC wealth for Visa Infinite offers. Somewhere on this forum I've read mastercard is better in terms of benefits compared to Visa Infinite.

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
one question: whatever transaction preference I've set on my card, add-on will follow the same? This holds true for transaction limits as well? And OTP will come on primary number for transactions made on add-on cards?

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
one question: whatever transaction preference I've set on my card, add-on will follow the same? This holds true for transaction limits as well? And OTP will come on primary number for transactions made on add-on cards?
“Whatever transaction preference I've set on my card, add-on will follow the same? This holds true for transaction limits as well?”
– No. For all offline transactions, each card “behaves” differently. So the primary card and each add-on card can indeed be set to different preferences.

“And OTP will come on primary number for transactions made on add-on cards?”
– For offline transactions, it’s only THAT card + PIN. No OTP at all. For online transactions, systems do not (and cannot) differentiate between “primary” and “add-on”, since the cards numbers + CVV are exactly the same.

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
“Whatever transaction preference I've set on my card, add-on will follow the same? This holds true for transaction limits as well?”
– No. For all offline transactions, each card “behaves” differently. So the primary card and each add-on card can indeed be set to different preferences.

“And OTP will come on primary number for transactions made on add-on cards?”
– For offline transactions, it’s only THAT card + PIN. No OTP at all. For online transactions, systems do not (and cannot) differentiate between “primary” and “add-on”, since the cards numbers + CVV are exactly the same.
Nowadays primary and addon numbers are different in HDFC. So OTP can be obtained in add on's mobile number

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
Nowadays primary and addon numbers are different in HDFC. So OTP can be obtained in add on's mobile number
Not nowadays, as a blanket rule. I’ve got my Infinia [Visa] a month back [1 primary + 3 add-on], and the card numbers + CVV are exactly the same for each.

The preceding week, Infinia [MC] was issued and delivered, which I got changed to Visa. Even for that MC, all the 1+3 cards had exactly the same coordinates.

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not nowadays, as a blanket rule. I’ve got my Infinia [Visa] a month back [1 primary + 3 add-on], and the card numbers + CVV are exactly the same for each.

The preceding week, Infinia [MC] was issued and delivered, which I got changed to Visa. Even for that MC, all the 1+3 cards had exactly the same coordinates.
Cancel the add-ons and apply new ones. You'll definitely get different card number. Upgraded cards where old cards had same numbers for addon are being issued same numbers again

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
No, in my case add-on card numbers are different with CVV, and OTP is being triggered on my phone.

But when I'm trying to set limits for add-on cards, this is the error I get:

Is it because I have just received the cards or it is the same for everyone?

1000079779.jpg

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
No, in my case add-on card numbers are different with CVV, and OTP is being triggered on my phone.

1000079779.jpg
“…and OTP is being triggered on my phone.”
This is exactly what I had been suspecting. That the number(s) of the add-on card(s) being different from that of the primary cardholder does not automatically imply that the OTPs of those add-on cards would be triggered directly to the mobile numbers of the add-on cardholders, entirely bypassing the primary cardholder.

[Please correct me, if any of you actually have a different experience.]

Concerning the limits for the add-on cards, my experience with HDFC is that different “portals” of HDFC behave differently. For example, I’ve seen that the limits [or usage: Dom/Int] as set on HDFC Netbanking – even after duly receiving SMSes and emails after re-setting them – do not actually apply in the real world. The settings as set on MyCards actually “apply”, though I’ve no clue why the ones as set on Netbanking did not.

This is my experience for both Regalia and Infinia. But I genuinely have no clue why.

Gaurav_96

TF Premier
This is exactly what I had been suspecting. That the number(s) of the add-on card(s) being different from that of the primary cardholder does not automatically imply that the OTPs of those add-on cards would be triggered directly to the mobile numbers of the add-on cardholders, entirely bypassing the primary cardholder.

Concerning the limits for the add-on cards, my experience with HDFC is that different “portals” of HDFC behave differently. For example, I’ve seen that the limits [or usage: Dom/Int] as set on HDFC Netbanking – even after duly receiving SMSes and emails after re-setting them – do not actually apply in the real world. The settings as set on MyCards actually “apply”, though I’ve no clue why the ones as set on Netbanking did not.

This is my experience for both Regalia and Infinia. But I genuinely have no clue why.
thanks, I was able to set transaction preference on mycards.

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1000079779.jpg
Yes i got the same error for first 24 hours

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

OTPs for my addon card to regalia gold received on addon holders mobile number. But Tata neu addon card OTP received on primary holders mobile number, I've raised a request

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

See if this helps
Thread 'HDFC Add on Credit Card - FAQ' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-add-on-credit-card-faq.26631/

How did you exactly change your card variant from MC to Visa?