• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Regalia to Infinia Upgrade (Query)

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Hi,

My RM has the necessary approvals to upgrade my Regalia Gold to Infinia Metal. This morning I received an email from the HDFC Payment business manager who asked me to fill out an upgrade form with bank official column details (like source, promo, and LG code) and asked me to courier it to the Chennai office. I'm really excited and have mailed all the documents (upgrade form and 3-month salary slip) to the Chennai office through a priority parcel. The documents should reach the Chennai office by tomorrow.

The HDFC Business Manager further said that once you ship the documents, give me the AWB number so that he can notify the Chennai Team about your case and share all the approvals obtained for my application. Basically, I threatened my RM to move all my funds out of HDFC, and she escalated my matter to the upper authorities and got their approval.

My question is: How long does the Chennai team take to review and assess the application? Are there still any chances of rejection from here on?

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi,

My RM has the necessary approvals to upgrade my Regalia Gold to Infinia Metal. This morning I received an email from the HDFC Payment business manager who asked me to fill out an upgrade form with bank official column details (like source, promo, and LG code) and asked me to courier it to the Chennai office. I'm really excited and have mailed all the documents (upgrade form and 3-month salary slip) to the Chennai office through a priority parcel. The documents should reach the Chennai office by tomorrow.

The HDFC Business Manager further said that once you ship the documents, give me the AWB number so that he can notify the Chennai Team about your case and share all the approvals obtained for my application. Basically, I threatened my RM to move all my funds out of HDFC, and she escalated my matter to the upper authorities and got their approval.

My question is: How long does the Chennai team take to review and assess the application? Are there still any chances of rejection from here on?
Could you please share your existing relationship with HDFC? Also did you get the card FYF or LTF?

sidp

TF Ace
Hi,

Normal time period is 15 days. But as this is personally being handled by rm should be fast.
Many times after application, 1st Chennai office declines and then rm/bm again send approval to sort it out. Seems like you have properly scared your rm 🤣, hence she is taking proactive approach by asking your awb.

Don't worry if rm is saying she has got the approval then you'll definitely get it. Infinnia requires approval from gh/bbh ( top 2 people of branch banking.)

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Do you mind sharing your RV?
It was great before (I had put in close to 50 lakhs last year), but RM did not value it, so I moved the funds out of my account. This time I proposed to put 70 lakhs into FDs, but she again tried to sell me investment plans (Tata AIA). I got furious and told her that I would move my funds to IDFC Bank, as they were ready to offer me private banking. She still didn't value me and thought I was joking. I moved out 10 lakhs one fine day, and the next day I received a call from her, and I told her that I was closing my account this week and would ask my family to close as well (my sister and father are also Imperia customers). She requested that I wait for a week until she gets all the required approvals for the Infinia upgrade.

The day before yesterday, she called to say that all approvals are in place and you will get the card soon. Then I thought I wouldn't have to do anything and should see Infinia in net banking soon. Then this morning, I received an email where I was asked to fill out an upgrade form and ship it.

H2O

TF Premier
The same inputs I got from my RM in HDFC, She is taking approval and then will send some form to fill and send it to the Chennai office. Still waiting.

H2O

TF Premier
I received a call today informing me that the Branch Head has approved my request. They have sent me a form to fill out and I need to courier it back to them. In my case, I have been instructed to send the form to the branch where it will be forwarded to the Chennai office through their CC department head. I am waiting to see what happens next.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
I received a call today informing me that the Branch Head has approved my request. They have sent me a form to fill out and I need to courier it back to them. In my case, I have been instructed to send the form to the branch where it will be forwarded to the Chennai office through their CC department head. I am waiting to see what happens next.
Cool. In my case, they would've done it in the same manner, but the RM office is in Delhi and I live in Bangalore. So, they advised me to courier it myself and give them the AWB number.

My parcel reached the Chennai office yesterday, and I'm awaiting their response.

I will keep everyone posted.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

If a BBH approval is in place, they will have to get it done. However, why did you take the effort to ship documents by yourself ? Should've asked them to come home take the signature and then they should have sent the documents to chennai on a scan basis ( needs a D3 approval mostly circle head ) . But clearly ask your RM whether BBH has approved it or not.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
If a BBH approval is in place, they will have to get it done. However, why did you take the effort to ship documents by yourself ? Should've asked them to come home take the signature and then they should have sent the documents to chennai on a scan basis ( needs a D3 approval mostly circle head ) . But clearly ask your RM whether BBH has approved it or not.
My RM said she got two degrees of approval and further said nobody can decline your application now. Moreover, the person with whom I spoke said if I lived in the NCR, he would've shipped it himself, but as I live in Bangalore, shipping documents to him and then again sending them to Chennai would waste a hell lot of time.

I did ask him if this process couldn't be done over email; to this, he said they used to scan and send during COVID times, but now it has been completely stopped.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My RM said she got two degrees of approval and further said nobody can decline your application now. Moreover, the person with whom I spoke said if I lived in the NCR, he would've shipped it himself, but as I live in Bangalore, shipping documents to him and then again sending them to Chennai would waste a hell lot of time.

I did ask him if this process couldn't be done over email; to this, he said they used to scan and send during COVID times, but now it has been completely stopped.
My friend 2 degrees mean Cluster head and Circle head as far as I can understand, Circle heads report to BBH. It should be 3 degree ideally removing BM, include BM it will be 4 degree.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
My friend 2 degrees mean Cluster head and Circle head as far as I can understand, Circle heads report to BBH. It should be 3 degree ideally removing BM, include BM it will be 4 degree.
Haha, I won't know the technicals, brother. But she did say nobody could reject my application now. Anyhow, I just hope I get my Infinia soon. 😁✌️

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Just make sure you dont get a rejection first
That's what I asked them initially. If I courier the documents, they will consider my application like a normal one, and with that, they'll 100% reject the upgrade.

To this, the person told me to give him the AWB number so they could notify the Chennai team about my case. Not sure how the complete process is going to work, but I'm a little afraid that I might see a rejection at first.

jonamdhar

TF Select
Do you need further approvals if you already meet all the criteria? i.e. Salary criteria, spends criteria and credit limit of existing card?